IGNORED

I Want The Rain To Stop

mini-muffin

Well I'm done with the rain, unfortunately it isn't done with me. It's been raining all day and it's not gonna stop till friday morning. It's what was left of Ida but now it's turning into a nor'easter. They are saying on the weather channel we could get up towards 11" of rain. I'm kinda hoping not that much and just the little ole 8" the local folks are saying. I'm suppose to go to Riderdukes house tomorrow and ride down to George and Bobbie's on friday. The winds are gonna get bad too. If this thing had a butt I'd kick it out of here. We're under a flood watch till friday morning, also the wind advisory till friday. All this rain isn't gonna make it easy to get around. I don't like the wind with the rain it kinda freaks me out with the trees around here. I already have some branches down but there in spots I don't have to worry about moving them for a bit. Plus not sure we'll have power through all this.

Sorry for running on but I just want this stuff to go away. I want to go to a meet this weekend where it won't be raining.

Margaret

Sorry to hear of the torrential downpour there Mini, I've got the opposite here. Beautiful day, but too much rain pouring out of my sinuses (bad cold) to even think about getting the scoot out. Suns down now, so I guess I can get over feeling sorry about myself.

I sure hope it clears up for you, must be gettin' some cabin fever without Jeff around. You guys have a good ride if you can make it.

Dan

I'm off the Albemarle sound. Got the sound at the end of the main road and the river on one side of the subdivision and the other side has a canal. Got water everywhere around me. Didn't flood when Isabel came through so if this is as bad flood wise I should be ok. Just might have a heck of a time getting out of the area. The main road does flood and that's the only way out of here.

Margaret

We got caught up in the train of rain and it finally ended after noon. It stayed real cloudy and as I was getting off work, I noticed that the wind was picking up and now it was coming from the north east, when usually the wind here comes from the south east. I guess we are on the back side of Ida.

As they say, "This too shall pass". :draming:

So, keep the faith baby.

RandyA

Hang in there Margaret. Everything down here is soaked, creeks and rivers are up. For now it seems it's stopped raining for a bit but the wind is really up! I know over there on the coast you guys are catching it worse than we have down here! Stay dry as you can!!

This isn't good the schools are closed and everything is shut down. It's like a hurricane is coming through. It's still raining not sure how much but my yard is a lake already. I'll get a few pics shortly. Not sure when this stuff is gonna end.

Oh and my power just came back on.

Margaret

Well we won't be seeing the sun for some time. No stop to the rain in sight. I think we already got to or passed the 8". They did say we could see a foot, guess we may just get that.

The wind isn't nice still. Kinda worried about the trees that may fall with all the water.

Margaret

lets see its been and will continue sunny all week. rain on the weekend and sunny again all next week. Looks like a lousy weekend for riding. just not fair. Oops I'm sorry Margaret you were saying.

On a serious note hope things start improving soon and does not get worse for you down there.

Well I don't want to get too excited but the rain seems to have stopped. The main road out of here did flood, so that should be easy enough to get through tomorrow. One of the bikes is leaning and I can't move it. So I guess I'll see how it looks later and maybe get somebody to move it up right again. Of course I'm heading south tomorrow. I'll meet up with Riderduke and Venturing Sole on 95 and head to SC. Looking forward to some sun.

Oh and last I heard we had around 11" of rain.

Margaret