IGNORED

did any one loose an unused pop rivet??

massey130

If someone has lost one and they want it back, i have found it in the middle of our RSV rear tire.

I am hoping there is a reward, because with not so much tread left i am opting to buy a new rear tire instead of repairing it.

Well, i am gonna have it patched, then search for a rear rim and make that my spare.

Does anyone have a second gen rear rim for sale?

other wise i will have to cruise the bay for one.

so how did i find the flat you are wondering? WELLLLL - - -

I had some time today to ride before the rain hit. but it was not meant to happen.

first i locked my keys in the house and Deb locked the window by the door that i normally have to come behind her and lock.

then there was no answer on the mobile phone. she had the grand kids so no tellin how long she would be.

so i looked at the bugs on the bike and said "self" "you might as well put time to good use."

so i got a paint bucket and some towels and washed the bike down.

still no one to unlock the house.

Ok, lets replace some scratched parts with parts i have been collecting -

I put on the new chrome license plate.

Then i replaced the right side mirror with one that no scratches on the chrome side.

when i sat on the seat to adjust the mirror - I thought - why am i sitting so flat footed?

i got off to give a look about and saw the rim sitting on squished rubber.

can't get to the tech section without logging on to the website.

can't get to the computer without getting into the house.

Ok, lets at least get things lined up for the job. about then Deb gets home.

I printed out the steps to remove the back tire. while it was the first time to do this, it was no biggie.

I had already bought an imitation Carbon One lift adapter and already had an ATV lift that i use for my 4 wheeler.

with those 2 items and some basic tools, this is really an easy job.

Sooooo.

got the tire off and found someone's unused pop rivet.

so it's off to tire surfing we go.

i would most certainly rather have been riding, but the choice made me today.

I hope everyone else's day went smoother, though i did enjoy working on the scoot.

dale in La

Dale,

The best way I can describe it, and forgive the analogy, is that God was with us. I reacted even before I could think of how to react. I held the bike up for 3 times of the rearend swaying right to left. I have no idea how I did it besides saying that subconsiously I immediately reacted to the bikes inputs with inputs of my own. Fortuntaely when the bike finally was too out of control for me to do anything else, we were in the grassy medium sliding between I10 just west of Baton Rouge.....The man upstairs has other things for us to do here, as we shouldn't have made it through that one :)

Man, that is one wild ride. it makes me commit to making sure my tires are in good order. if that were to happen to us being 2 up, i don't know if i could control the bike and debs reaction in the way of not holding still. i am glad you made it.

this is nothing like my paper bike having a flat tire. i could handle that. this is surely different.

now going back to read the tire threads to see what i want to get.

then order, then wait. but with the rain, i have time.

Ken Derret had one at Vogel he was trying to sell,he might still have it. He goes by 1-Up. He might see this thread and chime in if he still has it............He converted his 2nd Gen to a trike and doesnt need it any more.

Come to think of it Larry Skeels (Carbon One) and B2Dad triked their RSV's they might still have their rear rims as well.