IGNORED

Here it is

Dano

OK, here's the pics. She looks pretty good for a standard, does have cruise but not much else. The Yamaha foot pegs will go with what ever bike I keep. Sits good, nice backrest. Got a lot of work to do. The PO bought it in '01, last plated in '03 with only 1300 miles put on it in that time and since (36,031 miles on her now!). Poor thing has been sitting outside most of this time, but thankfully the paints not faded. Throttle cables frozen, tires flat-spotted (but will be putting new ones on anyway). Needs fork work done, haven't checked rear shock yet. Basically a tear-down like I did mine a couple of years ago and then see which one we wanna keep. (I know, why not both?!) PO didn't know where the lower fairing legs were, didn't know they were supposed to have them!

He was either gonna sell it or part it out on ebay. I DON"T want to see another one bite the dust. Don't know if I can keep both of them, but she will run good by the time I get done with the re-build and then we'll figure out which one we want to keep.

Ewwwwww! A green backrest...

You picked up on that, eh Bob?

Good score Dano. Looks like it will probably clean up very well.

I hope so Don. Of course, I won't know till I get her cranking over and started to see how deep we gotta dig into the pockets, but I'm hoping a carb clean-out, fog the cylinders for a couple of days and then some hand cranking will bring it back to life. It'll be a good basic bike for someone in the spring! Wish I could spin the oil pump like on a car engine to get some fresh oil to everything first, though. Hmmm, might just pull the side cover and clutch to do that. Sure would help lubricate those bearings before I try to turn it over.