I was reading through a thread a while back about this Power Enhancer product.. On their site they have a "store finder" which was for naught because of all the 14 shops I called, none of them listed on the site ever heard of the product.. BAH.. I hate that.. So I found a lad online selling it and bought it.. I fired off an email to the company complaining how bogus their store finder was etc..

Many people stated how impressed they were with it etc.. using the 44K to clean out the carb system and all.. most likely works better than Seafoam as I think Goose stated he noticed a yellow tinge to the floats when he adjusts them.

I got a phone call this morning from the local BG rep who got my email response and took time to explain to me about their products and what they can do and what they can't do and what he can do to help me out etc etc.. He also stated that the BG products aren't usually SOLD in the parts dept of the stores, but it's a service sold at the service dept.. that's who you have to ask to get it..

I explained to him about using 44K to 'clean the junk out' of the carbs and fuel system..

He stated that 44K is expensive.. you can use it once a year but follow up 2 or 3 times a year with their supercharge products which is a lot less expensive.. the 44k will blast away the junk and the supercharge will keep it clean..

On top of all that, he's going to set me up with a proper cleaning solution of theirs specifically to run through the bike to properly clean out the system. Most likely do the same thing as some people do with just straight up 44K but this formulation he mentions is a cleaning solution for that task.

So I'll keep you informed on how it works and so on.. I just thought it interesting that he would call to set me straight about the store finder thing.. but then get into a full bike discussion using their product..

On a 22L (6 Gal) bike tank of gas, he recommended using only 1/3 of the can of 44K to do the job. I mentioned that some people run a quick burst of 44k through the fuel feed line as a super cleaner.. this is where he mentioned about doing me up a proper formulation for cleaning.. Though 44K is a cleaner, a powerful one, there's something actually better..

After I've gone through my initial online cans, I'll know where to go to get more.. just 3 miles down the road from here.. guh.

When you put this stuff in your car or bike, you won't see the improvement until the next tank, after the junk had been cleared out.. then after that you should actually see a 10 - 20% improvement.. The older the vehicle, the better of course..

Interesting info..

Found plastic bottles of the stuff available in the Yamaha store I was in this weekend. $26 a bottle, which I'm assuming is the same volume as the cans.

That is for sure one expensive formula. :mo money:

I may stick with Seafoam for now at almost $10 dollars a can.

I have been running SeaFoam in the bike with every tank of gas for nearly a year now.No carb problems whatsoever.I see no need to switch to something more expensive that will do the same as SeaFoam.

Boomer.....who does not own a Bank or is a Mutual Fund Trader.:rasberry:

On top of all that, he's going to set me up with a proper cleaning solution of theirs specifically to run through the bike to properly clean out the system. Most likely do the same thing as some people do with just straight up 44K but this formulation he mentions is a cleaning solution for that task...

Thanks for the info, that is great customer service right there!

What is this cleaning solution that he set you up with? You said you can get it 3 miles down the road from you; is it a repair shop that you buy it from some guy in a trench coat? or you just have to ask for a bottle of it from a shop that is using it and they can sell it over the counter?

Thanks for the info, that is great customer service right there!

What is this cleaning solution that he set you up with? You said you can get it 3 miles down the road from you; is it a repair shop that you buy it from some guy in a trench coat? or you just have to ask for a bottle of it from a shop that is using it and they can sell it over the counter?

Do you remember how Amsoil is sold through multi-tier'd systems, like amway, so that by the time YOU get a bottle, there is such a markup it's not worth the expense? When he started telling me why it's hard to get the BG stuff off the counter, that was just my first impression, oops, sounds like a dodgy setup and product.. However, instead of product distribution scale profit margins, from what I gather, the BG line of products is sold under a weird setup more for quality control than anything else.

I'm just para-phrasing what I remember from the phone conversation.. The product is sold more as a 'service' than over the shelf. You would go to the garage and have a carb cleaner service. He tells me that the garage down the road actually has a big photo promo on the side of the window, hence why he was surprised when I told him the dealership didn't know about the product at all.. it's not sold as a product over the parts counter but as a 'service out of the service dept.. Ok, that does make sense.. They don't necessarily sell to customers over the counter, but he'll be able to set me up with product once I meet with him..

Special formulation? Probably just one of their existing products or a concoction of what they've learned to work best for such an application. He'll be sending me some information within the week.

In short, the main message he had was use 44K to clean it out once, and periodically use the other cheaper stuff to keep it clean.. better and cheaper than using seafoam in every other tank of fuel.. I dunno, I use seafoam on a regular monthly basis.. but we'll see if this 44K stuff works out best..

I'll keep you informed once I know more.. I'm not trying to dissuade others from Seafoam, far from it, just providing info about a different product from their rep..

Cheers

Gotcha. Thanks, I'll be keeping an eye on this. :)

Do you remember how Amsoil is sold through multi-tier'd systems, like amway, so that by the time YOU get a bottle, there is such a markup it's not worth the expense? When he started telling me why it's hard to get the BG stuff off the counter, that was just my first impression, oops, sounds like a dodgy setup and product.. However, instead of product distribution scale profit margins, from what I gather, the BG line of products is sold under a weird setup more for quality control than anything else.

I'm just para-phrasing what I remember from the phone conversation.. The product is sold more as a 'service' than over the shelf. You would go to the garage and have a carb cleaner service. He tells me that the garage down the road actually has a big photo promo on the side of the window, hence why he was surprised when I told him the dealership didn't know about the product at all.. it's not sold as a product over the parts counter but as a 'service out of the service dept.. Ok, that does make sense.. They don't necessarily sell to customers over the counter, but he'll be able to set me up with product once I meet with him..

Special formulation? Probably just one of their existing products or a concoction of what they've learned to work best for such an application. He'll be sending me some information within the week.

In short, the main message he had was use 44K to clean it out once, and periodically use the other cheaper stuff to keep it clean.. better and cheaper than using seafoam in every other tank of fuel.. I dunno, I use seafoam on a regular monthly basis.. but we'll see if this 44K stuff works out best..

I'll keep you informed once I know more.. I'm not trying to dissuade others from Seafoam, far from it, just providing info about a different product from their rep..

Cheers

If you look at the BG 44K MSDS you will note that the main ingredient is Stoddard Solvent.

this is also used as Dry Cleaning Solvent, or for you who have access to the national supply system, NSN: 6850002745421

I will stick to using Naphtha (sold in gallons as Camp Fuel) for a much lower price, but if I could find a dry cleaning shop near me, I might buy some Stoddard Solvent.........

Edited by KiteSquid

Beer is 90% water, but somehow it just ain't the same as drinking plain water. Not saying anything, just saying. I think I may try a can of 44K in the bike while I drink a beer.

You are SO Right ...

Andit gets even better ...

The 10 Percent which are NOT Water make a whole Lot of a Difference between Beers too !!!

Edited by Squeeze

Beer is 90% water, but somehow it just ain't the same as drinking plain water. Not saying anything, just saying. I think I may try a can of 44K in the bike while I drink a beer.

Heck, Jerry, If you bring out that keg o' Red Truck wine and we drink enough of it, we won't even care about the 44K or how the bike runs anyway!

[ATTACH]37766[/ATTACH]