IGNORED

"Supporting Member" Total

awsmsrv

Hey Boss,

Is there a way to include a separate total number of Supporting Members in the Mini Stats area? I'm always curious as to how many we have & would enjoy watching THAT number increase rather than the false number that now reaches almost 8400.

I have to admit I could not enjoy my bike as much without this site and the site has provided me with friends and assistance that I consider invaluable. However, having said that, I am not sure knowing how many members pay their membership is germain to my membership.

If you enjoy reading/posting and benefiting from the site "Pay the membership fee" If you just ocassionally puruse the site and don't ride a Venture etc. then don't. If you do have a Venture or, RSTD and haven't become a supporting member, then you are losing out on the many benefits of being a member. Supporting members have helped me with numerous issues on my bike several times as well as becoming friends that I can ride with ocassionally. This site and its "members", has save me hundreds of dollars in repairs by assisting me with issues and helping me avoid the pitfalls that ocassionally hit us. (buying the wrong thing etc) This week alone with the assistance of Ponch, I was able to upgrade my clutch spring and thereby avoided having to pay the "stealership" to do it. Do I care how mamy paying members we have. NO, not unless the site starts to disappear which doesn't seem to be something that will happen because there are too many members who support and contribute and offer info and assistance thru the site.

To all those of you who contribute and assist others. I thank you.

Ponch I also thank you for your assistance.

Freebird...We all thank you and hope you are doing Ok.

That info was posted recently but I don't recall the number. Think it was less than a quarter of the 8000 shown on the count.

I think if you PM Freebird, he would probably give you an up to date answer. I see he is gone for the weekend though.

BOO

I am not sure knowing how many members pay their membership is germain to my membership.[/b]

I'm not wanting to know WHO, just would be interested to see a similar running total of supporting members. I, too, have saved money (& spent money) because of the info obtained from this site.

I have yet to meet any fellow members in person & truly look forward to the times it will happen. I have not seen the willingness of fellow members to help others as I have seen here, even to "strangers". I'm proud to be part of such a wonderful community.

This site has cost me a small fortune. No doubt without it I would have sold the "Blue Beast" and still be riding the 750. I wouldn't hold the record for 120 mph in 3rd gear. Saw it with my own eyes!!! Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!! Wouldn't have met all the GREAT people on here. Got to take a lot of Great rides. Ate some good food. Had a lot of good laughs. Thought I knew something about bikes til I met some of the guys on here and have learned a BUNCH and still learning. Really gives me a kick when I go to the Stealers and tell them how these things work!!Was it worth it??

HE** YES!!!

Even learned to edit my posts. Noderators:rasberry::rasberry:

This site has cost me a small fortune. No doubt without it I would have sold the "Blue Beast" and still be riding the 750. I wouldn't hold the record for 120 mph in 3rd gear. Saw it with my own eyes!!! Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!! Wouldn't have met all the GREAT people on here. Got to take a lot of Great rides. Ate some good food. Had a lot of good laughs. Thought I knew something about bikes til I met some of the guys on here and have learned a BUNCH and still learning. Really gives me a kick when I go to the Stealers and tell them how these things work!!Was it worth it??

HE** YES!!!

Even learned to edit my posts. Noderators:rasberry::rasberry:

Ya done learned but not so gooder ! :Avatars_Gee_George: LOL

Ya this site has cost me a bloody fortune.... ya so what. I have met great people and learned all that stuff I thought I knew. NOT!

A real number of supporting members would be good, not necessary but good.

I met and hung out with BUBBER three times,,,that was worth the $12 bucks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(maybe)

NO,,really, I've learned a lot about my RSV and things to do to it to personalize w/o the "HELP" of my dealer. I think a constant suggestion to become a supporting member is in the back of everyone's mind and a "tally" number just might be a subliminal reminder to "tell your friends" to join and watch the number grow. Heck, maybe a referal membership contest might be fun this winter! Betch'a we could get lotsa support from after mkt donations,,betch'a

Renne

I met and hung out with BUBBER three times,,,that was worth the $12 bucks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(maybe)

Renne

I taught him everything I know,,,that didn't take very long at all. Maybe 10 or 15 seconds.

Total number would be good and encourage us to have others join us at the forum.

Just a thought...... hey I had another one! Great thats two this year!!!! LOL:lightbulb:

Bubber

If you enjoy reading/posting and benefiting from the site "Pay the membership fee" If you just ocassionally puruse the site and don't ride a Venture etc. then don't. If you do have a Venture or, RSTD and haven't become a supporting member, then you are losing out on the many benefits of being a member.

The site and the supporting membership has progressed well beyond just those folks who own/rider Venture's or RSTD.

We have many members who own other scoots... Kaws, Viragos GW, Suzzies and, perish the thoughts, even the dreaded Harley (:duck:). So there's no need to limit your scope when you go out recruiting.

:15_8_211[1]:

This site has cost me a small fortune.

I wouldn't hold the record for 120 mph in 3rd gear. Saw it with my own eyes!!!

Was it worth it??

HE** YES!!!

Noderators:rasberry::rasberry:

As far as small fortune--- You can't take it with you!!!!!!

Dan, you gots to quit paying attention to that RPM tach! Thats just a suggestion of the redline!

Anything to do with this place is WELL worth it!

I personally think that you got the spelling right on this one; "NODerators" is definately more descriptive!

Thanks Margaret...

Forgot all about them Beamers...:rotfl:

Never mind ya ole hoot.....I remember you oggling one of those beamers at the bike show in Winnipeg one year! Ifin ya had longer legs you would likely be riding one me thinks!

I dont need to know the numbers as long as Don has enough to run the site...thats all thats important.

Like Bubber, this place has cost me thousands and thousands of dollars! But, it would have cost me many more thousands if you all werent here to bail me out several times!

I watched the posts made by members the last couple of weeks on my 15 day temp period and couldn't believe how positive everyone is . I hope to make it to one of the rallys next year . Seems like a great bunch of people .

Be great to meet you! 1st Gens are getting to be outnumbered at the Meet&Eats.

The site and the supporting membership has progressed well beyond just those folks who own/rider Venture's or RSTD.

We have many members who own other scoots... Kaws, Viragos GW, Suzzies and, perish the thoughts, even the dreaded Harley (:duck:). So there's no need to limit your scope when you go out recruiting.

:15_8_211[1]:

Is this Hardley Bashing???:confused24:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I have to admit I could not enjoy my bike as much without this site and the site has provided me with friends and assistance that I consider invaluable. However, having said that, I am not sure knowing how many members pay their membership is germain to my membership.

If you enjoy reading/posting and benefiting from the site "Pay the membership fee" If you just ocassionally puruse the site and don't ride a Venture etc. then don't. If you do have a Venture or, RSTD and haven't become a supporting member, then you are losing out on the many benefits of being a member. Supporting members have helped me with numerous issues on my bike several times as well as becoming friends that I can ride with ocassionally. This site and its "members", has save me hundreds of dollars in repairs by assisting me with issues and helping me avoid the pitfalls that ocassionally hit us. (buying the wrong thing etc) This week alone with the assistance of Ponch, I was able to upgrade my clutch spring and thereby avoided having to pay the "stealership" to do it. Do I care how mamy paying members we have. NO, not unless the site starts to disappear which doesn't seem to be something that will happen because there are too many members who support and contribute and offer info and assistance thru the site.

To all those of you who contribute and assist others. I thank you.

Ponch I also thank you for your assistance.

Freebird...We all thank you and hope you are doing Ok.

Absolutely...I've learned more about this bike here in 3 years than I would have in 15 w/o it. Thanks Freebird!:)