IGNORED

Just gets more interesting.

KarlS

Had to go in today for some pre admission tests for my back surgery. First was simple EKG for the heart. Was told something was not quite right and they had to set me up with another type of heart test. (he said the name but I have no clue to what it was) Asked him what was wrong and he did not want to talk about it until the other test is done. Talked to his assistant Kathy after she made the appointment for the test and she said the test is for blood flow. Said they don't want to loose me during surgery. So that test is next Monday and if all is well they will continue with the other pre addmission tests. Sure gives me something to think about for a week. This getting old is just no fun anymore.

Probably it's a stress test for your heart... very important information prior to any surgery. Typically they inject a series of meds that "race the heart" while they monitor B/P, pulse and saturation. Mine told me I "might" have halucinations if the meds were too strong for me (I'm small)... drat, no such luck.

But there ain't no doctor or nurse that ain't telling me the whole story up front!!! They work for YOU! If you don't understand what they want to do, MAKE them...!!! BTDT

Getting old is better than the alternative. Hope you keep on getting older for a while yet.

Went in to get my prescriptions re-newed. Doc said "No way, with you there is always a surprise, we are doing a full physical." A week later the doc calls and tells me he wants me in his office ASAP. His nurse calls with the same message, his secretary also calls. I am thinking " Holly Cra* they found something serious, perhaps the cancer is back." I show up and he looks at my file and makes Doctor noises then tells me that outside of the weight I am perfect. Scared the heck out of me.

I'm calling the Doctor tomorrow to find out what kind of test it is. My Son and my friends are asking and asking what kind of test so I'm finding out. Guess I look at it like I'm not a Doctor and He is so I just go along with it. It reminds me of when people would bring their cars to my shops to get fixed they knew nothing about cars. But when you tried to tell them whats wrong they all of a sudden were experts. So I trust this Doctor and tend to just wait until tests are done and listen to what he says after he gets the results. Will know tomorrow.