IGNORED

I need some help please

Guest scarylarry

Guest scarylarry

My 09 Venture with 2k miles on is pulling to left and gets a wobble at 20 to 40 mph with no hands on it..

Dealer said the wobble is normal with no hands and the pulling to the left could be a tire and depends on yama mood and all they may replace it or may not..

My question is here does this sound like a tire issue and is the wobble sound right, it does not happen all the time, the pulling does...The air pressure in the forks is 0

Now don't laff at this but... mine was pulling to the left (with no hands) also... I posted a thread about it and there were a lot of possible "fixes" but the one that worked....

I said don't laff...

adjust the position of you body just a bit to the right on the seat.

I kid you not... it worked!

As for the wobble, mine didn't do that but I'd double check your tire pressures and put 2 lbs more than what the manual says. I run 38 in the front and 44 in the rear. (manual says 36 & 41)

Mine is 10 years old and it dont wobble. Check your air pressure in the tire and if its low, take it up to 42-44 lbs then give it a try. Mine did wobble but it turned out the fork bearings were a touch loose. You could get the bike up in the air and, with the handlebars dead center, push the bar either left or right and see if it feels real loose and sloppy or if it rotates smoothly. It should rest gently against the fork stops. If it bounces back easily then chances are the bearing needs to be snugged down. Since its an 09 I would most definitely let the dealer do this. There is an article in the tech section addressing this issue.

But check the tire pressure first, front and rear. rear should be about 45 lbs. I run 45 lbs in the rear shock and 5 lbs up front.

Now don't laff at this but... mine was pulling to the left (with no hands) also... I posted a thread about it and there were a lot of possible "fixes" but the one that worked....

I said don't laff...

adjust the position of you body just a bit to the right on the seat.

I kid you not... it worked!

As for the wobble, mine didn't do that but I'd double check your tire pressures and put 2 lbs more than what the manual says. I run 38 in the front and 44 in the rear. (manual says 36 & 41)

Agree have a peer ride it see if he reports the same?

Not agree with air pressure other than manual and tire manufacturer reports

Either case any wobble dismissed by dealer should be documentated and look for a better dealer service department. 2 cents

My 09 Venture with 2k miles on is pulling to left and gets a wobble at 20 to 40 mph with no hands on it..

Dealer said the wobble is normal with no hands and the pulling to the left could be a tire and depends on yama mood and all they may replace it or may not..

My question is here does this sound like a tire issue and is the wobble sound right, it does not happen all the time, the pulling does...The air pressure in the forks is 0

YOur dealer is full of horse_____! The bike should run true. TWo things make sure using a progressive pump to have the same air pressure in both forks. If that is the case, your fork bolt may be too loose. There are articles about that here, but the gist of it is if the front wheel is off the ground and you push the fork lightly to the side it should just bounce lightly and stop. If it doesn't, it too loose. That is warranty issue for a new bike.

My experience has been the steering head nut needs a slight adjustment..Yamaha says its OK but thats a crock,I finally adjusted mine and it is great now. Write ups are in the Tech section and VERY siimple to do yourself. YES it is under warranty but dealers DO NOT knoow what they are doing..that is MOST dealers.

Not agree with air pressure other than manual and tire manufacturer reports

It was a dealer's mechanic who suggested running 2 lbs more than spec due to signs of cupping on front tire. I dunno what the mfg tire spec is for these stockers....I should look when I am home tonight.

GOOD ONE .... Have to have a bit of humor to off set the concerns to have a balanced life and then the bike will run straight too LOL

:doh::rotf:

not exactly correct .... I found that my bike wobbles and weaves all over the place when I'm LAFFIN and GIGGLIN while RIDING ... :sign20:

Had the same problem with my 99 when i first got it, if I took my hands off the handlebars. I thought I had a steering head issue but, decided to wait tilll I learned more and tried some new tires. I have new tires now and the wobble is gone. I can go straight down the road with no hands on the handle bars with absolutely no wobble. However, If I am sitting too far left the bike will move left and if I lean just a little right, the bike will straighten out. So as the guys said. Change the tire, sit up straighter or, adjust the way you sit and you will resolve your issue.

:2cents:

My experience has been the steering head nut needs a slight adjustment..Yamaha says its OK but thats a crock,I finally adjusted mine and it is great now. Write ups are in the Tech section and VERY siimple to do yourself. YES it is under warranty but dealers DO NOT knoow what they are doing..that is MOST dealers.

Ok I'm new to these bikes but bikes is bikes. What Tom is saying sounds like a winner to me. On my LC1500 it did the same thing and a lot others. So I would say it is something to do with the head nut also. Might need tightening. On the LC it was because they used cheap bearings and they would fail. We would replace the head bearings with Timken bearings. Not sure I spelled that right. After that no more wobble.

Guest scarylarry

What I found, was front tire 10 lbs low on air, it was check 2 weeks ago and maybe the weather temps had something to do with or maybe the gause was mess up, I said was meaning I won't be using this anymore..

also check air in your forks and shocks....mine had Zero when new. bike rode "ok" but was a little mushy in the curves. A touch of air in the suspension made a WORLD of difference!

NEVER had the wobble issue...I definitely would be after the dealer 'bout that one.

Guest scarylarry

Ok after all I did with the air and all, I took it to the dealer this morning and "Tuesday" I was there before the doors was open.

After I explain what my bike was doing I was told to leave it and they would more than likely look at it Friday, ok this the dealer I bought it from a month ago and now they want me to leave it for 4 days...

I don't know if I should fire a letter off to Yama or argue with the dealer, one of them deals if you pissed off to much then u sank ur ship..

Something doesn't sound right here....

Does it?