IGNORED

2nd gen ignition/tank cover

FreezyRider

Anyone have a stock (black) ignition cover that they don't need anymore? I have a chrome one and don't like it. Shows every little scratch or mark much more than a black one would.

If you have one and would like to part with it pls let me know. I can get one very reasonably from Pinwall.....except for the high shipping fees.

I've even thought of painting my chrome one, but like the "textured" look of the stock one better.

Greetings, Joe I have a tan one that I took off my 2000 mm.If you cannot find a black one you are more than welcome to this one. (maybe you can paint it black ?) Just let me know. bossman

Thanks, Bossman.....but I think I'll just get a stock black one. That way it's the same color all the way through the material and if it gets scratched it won't show.

I dont have a 2nd Gen, but I do have a cover your looking for, its a collectors item...........It came off of Eck's totaled 2nd Gen. Its yours.

Thanks, Bossman.....but I think I'll just get a stock black one. That way it's the same color all the way through the material and if it gets scratched it won't show.

I dont have a 2nd Gen, but I do have a cover your looking for, its a collectors item...........It came off of Eck's totaled 2nd Gen. Its yours.

I would be honored to put that cover back on the road, racking up miles in Eck's honor.

I'll pm you my info.

Joe

Greetings, Joe I have a tan one that I took off my 2000 mm.If you cannot find a black one you are more than welcome to this one. (maybe you can paint it black ?) Just let me know. bossman

Boss, I'm interested in the tan on if you wanna get rid of it. I have a chrome one on my '99, but I'm putting Baron 1-1/2 risers on and they say the risers won't work with the cover. So, looks like I'll have to cut "windows" in the cover for the risers to fit in. Don't know about cutting the chromed plastic.

Send me a PM and lets deal...

Walter

Hey Dragonrider and Joe

Thanks for the kind words........!!

Joe, if you still are looking for a stock black cover I have one of those also..

You can have it but you reimburse me on the shipping........:confused24:

Eck

I would be honored to put that cover back on the road, racking up miles in Eck's honor.

I'll pm you my info.

Joe

Hey Dragonrider and Joe

Thanks for the kind words........!!

Joe, if you still are looking for a stock black cover I have one of those also..

You can have it but you reimburse me on the shipping........:confused24:

Eck

OK, I'm confused (what's new?)......what is the one that DragonRider offered me? Is that a chrome one?

If so, then I'll definitely take the one you have and certainly will pay the shipping.

Joe,

Just a thought, I have had a couple of mine covered in leather. They really look good and you actually want them to age as it gives them more character :)

How did you cover them? I actually thought about doing something like that. I was thinking of some of the stick-on black naugahyde stuff. Not sure if I could make it look good though.

How did you cover them? I actually thought about doing something like that. I was thinking of some of the stick-on black naugahyde stuff. Not sure if I could make it look good though.

Joe,

I had mine done by a fella I know that does custom leatherwork. It really wasn't bad as far as price went, about $60. But when you look at how long it lasts then it's cheap compared to those "Chrome" ones that last a year and you replace them at $30 a crack. If there is enough interest I could contact him before we skip this state, and see if he could get us a good price as he already has done 2 of them for me.

OK, I'm confused (what's new?)......what is the one that DragonRider offered me?

Is that a chrome one?

If so, then I'll definitely take the one you have and certainly will pay the shipping.

Well, I really dont remember, (since I hit my head during my accident..:puzzled:),

Not sure which one Dragonrider has...(chrome or black)..

I had the stock black one, then I put two chrome ones on, (over a period of time), and I think Dragonrider has the 2nd chrome one I had installed..

Hey Dragonrider...which one do you have?

It appears Freezyrider wants a black stock one..

If Dragonrider answers a Chrome one, just send me your mailing address via email and I will send you the black one I have.. :thumbsup2:

I have the black one off of Ecks bike, I checked it is definitely Black........still want it?

OK, I'm confused (what's new?)......what is the one that DragonRider offered me? Is that a chrome one?