IGNORED

RSV Seats Pillow Top

Whitlow

I don't know the specific years that the Pillow Top seats were installed on the Ventures. I do know that my 06 came from the Factory with the studded seats.

I was ready to go with Custom seats until I had the "Butler Mod" done to mine. I now sit "IN" the seat instead of "ON TOP" the seat.......and 800-1000 mile riding days are a snap!:banana:

Boomer......who values his butt as much as he does whiskey and errant wimmen.:D

Our 05 Midnight did not come with pillowtops. It did come studded though.

I love chrome....but wish I had the pillowtop.

Have a sheepskin and just bought a ( for lack of better word) cushion seat that sits under my sheepskin that made a real difference in comfort.

i have been reading the threads concerning seats. this is my first "big" bike and its been many years since my last bike. I have seen many seats in pictures but don't know one from another with the exception of a flat n smooth seat as opposed to a seat with buttons and is billowy looking.

our RSV has the button n billowy look. it is very comfy and the passenger seat is the same configuration. Is this the pillow top style?

dale in La

i have been reading the threads concerning seats. this is my first "big" bike and its been many years since my last bike. I have seen many seats in pictures but don't know one from another with the exception of a flat n smooth seat as opposed to a seat with buttons and is billowy looking.

our RSV has the button n billowy look. it is very comfy and the passenger seat is the same configuration. Is this the pillow top style?

dale in La

You have a pillow top!

The 1999 models did not come with pillow tops, nor did the 2000 MM edition.

here is the stock Yamaha ad pic from 1999 and it appears to have a pillowtop seat

www.cmelectronica.com.ar/Galerias/Fotos/1990/Yamaha-XVZ1300TF-RoyalStarVenture-1999.jpg

But you are correct about the MM it was not a pillowtop, but I believe it's seat had more padding then the studded Midnight seat.

There's a web page somewhere that shows all of the changes and the years.

non-Midnight Ventures have had pillow top seats since 2001.

Midnight Ventures through 2006 all have studded seats. They're the same seats as the 1999-2000 Ventures, but with studs in the sides.

In 2007, the Midnight Venture went to pillow top. It was then discontinued for 2008 and 2009. Looks like it's back for the 2010 model (not called Midnight, though), with some sort of graphics and still the pillow top seat.

:)

here is the answer:

1999 and 2000 rsv had non pillow no chrome studs

the mm models were non pillow non stud in tan/brown color

2001 to 2009 rsv are all pillow top only

all midnight ventures had non pillow seats with chrome studs untill the 2007 model

the 2007 model midnight had the pillow top seats

the 2010 single color offering is black and has pillow top seats

the non pillow top with and without studs, was discontinued at the end of 2006 production.

i think that covers all the directions that this thread was going??;)