IGNORED

Texas Panhandle maint. day

Jerry W

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lookin' forward to meeting everyone tomorrow (and seeing the clutch install in action as well as the gauges :thumbsup2:; not to mention getting this silly bolt out)

I'll plan on getting up there sometime between 12 and 1 (I'll be hitting the road between 9 and 10 and I am anticipating about a 3 hr drive).

See ya'll tomorrow! :)

Edited by LilBeaver
Change in plan....

Pulled in my garage just after 10:00pm.

Just wanted to say thanks to all that came (and ponch for helping me out with that silly bolt) and especially Jerry for hosting this. Great to meet everyone in person :thumbsup2:

I have attached a few pictures... This is why I was late :D

Jack,

Thanks for comming over. It was great to have you and the others. You were a great help, thanks for bringing Bokefus and his dad over with you. I may do this again next spring at the start of riding season and we can carb tune bikes, change oil etc to get the riding season started.

Thanks again for comming over.

Wish we could have been down there with you folks, Wednesday is Dday and we'll work on making the next one

:thumbsup2:

That old Ponch is pretty handy isn't he

:)

Ponch is handy as a pocket on a shirt! He is an awesome guy. It is still hard to believe he and Gunboat rode over 600 miles up here to attend a 1 day maintenance day to work on other folks bikes. The gauge cluster Ponch puts together is also pretty neat.

Silver Bullet (Jack Wallace) gave some expert instruction on the clutch upgrade for Ponch's bike. Ponch also removed a stripped bolt from Lil Beaver's gas tank bolt.

It was a really successful day, I would kinda' like to make this a yearly thing. Thanks again to the folks who showed up and made it a success.

hi jerry w

made it home at 8:30 pm.

( just fired up the hot tub & made a pot of coffee) after making a short pit stop at my buddy's house in huntsville. just in time for some hot tex-mex soup. i had a GREAT TIME, thanks for the invite. could not have had better weather, a better co-rider, almost made an iron butt ride. i know ponch & i could have made it before dark. thanks to everyone, was great to meet & hang out more of this VENTURE FAMILY.

flb_78 forrest

lilbever rick

silver bullet jack

bokefus keith & dad

ron

please forgive me if i missed anyone.

last but not least the cook and family. man that cheese dip was allsome. i know have a new dish to try on the SOURTHEN BUNCH. and again thanks to you & ms.picella for everything. bike ran like a dream, 75-80 mph most of the way up and back.

JACK thanks for the use of your tools, sorry about the 12mm wrench being left behind. gave it to forrest, he promised to give it to you.

peach to all & best reguards

don c. :big-grin-emoticon:

Edited by gunboat

Got back about 7:00 Sunday night. 1268 miles total. Great weather going and coming. A little cool for this So TX boy (Forrest laughed at me for wearing two jackets when the sun went down). Imagine that.

Thanks to Jerry for hosting this, Priscilla for putting up with us and Shawn (Jerry's neighbor) who smoked some darn good Pork Loin & cheese.

Gunboat & I had a great ride and only saw a few deer.

Thanks Jack (Silver Bullet) for the insight into the clutch upgrade & Basket change details.

Rick made the broken bolt removal easy by pre-drilling a pilot hole dead center in the bolt. He even brought a real good cordless drill (I meant to relieve him of it, but I forgot). He even had a set of reverse twist drill bits. I just drilled the bolt out in reverse and when it got through the weld nut, the bolt came out while I was drilling.

It was great to meet everyone. Especially Forrest (FLB) who can throw a Venture around like it was a 300lb dirt bike, which he did several times. :yikes:

Here's my pics.

Ponch

• 9 months later...
Is it gonna happen again this year?

Another MD for you to not come to, eh? :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :stirthepot:

Jerry: I'll most likely show up too... I may or may not require any actual maintenance at the time, but I like to think I make a good supervisor.

Guest tx2sturgis
Another MD for you to not come to, eh? :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :stirthepot:

Hey...I like to keep my perfect record up ya know...but it could happen!

Jerry: I'll most likely show up too... I may or may not require any actual maintenance at the time, but I like to think I make a good supervisor.

Jerry, if you have any cyclotrons with wonky beam generators, he's your man!

:buttkick:

:rotf:

Edited by tx2sturgis

• 4 years later...