IGNORED

2nd gen wattage

Snarley Bill

wanting to get a heated jacket and gloves.how much wattage will the 2nd gen. stater produce? bill :2133:

Plenty more than a jacket and gloves take. Just put a voltmeter on the bike and see that it's maintaining a voltage above 12V

I don't have a jacket but use heated gloves in the winter. Added to that are all the lights I use and the system is over 12V all the time.

Your 12VDC cig outlet is on a 5 amp circuit. So you simply multply 12v x 5a to get 60watts. That is the max rating for the circuit.

Next question. :detective:

wanting to get a heated jacket and gloves.how much wattage will the 2nd gen. stater produce? bill :2133:

You never answered the first question ? :sign20: But you answer was good for the Cig lighter outlet.

I believe some will hard wire a connection and hide the plugs under the seat.

Brad

thanks guys,never dreamed i had that much juice available.bill :2133:

Keep in mind that approx. 50% of the power producted by the stator is used in the everyday operation of the bike, headlight, tail light, signals, radio, carb heaters, passing lamps, charging battery etc.

• 1 month later...

One suggestion Bill . If you connect heated clothing turn off passing lights. just to be on safe side ,and preserve juice. Termostats / controlers are helping too. something Mast have with heated clothing. in Verry cold days rides ( low 20F ). I'M dial full blast of heat, most of the time is beetwen 1-3 out of 7. Gerbings are good , but Widder has better heat transfer, and consuming less power.

It would be great if a person could buy an after market stator for the Venture that procuced 500 or 600 watts. The Gold Wing folks have a definate advantage here with their 1000+ watts of available power, they can run all the electric clothing and accesories they want and still have lots of power to spare.

The Gerbings controller comes with a hardwire connector to the battery.

If I start runnin the vest and the led and all 3 headlight on highbeam I am running at borderline on the charging of the battery. So you really don't have that much juice. But I won't give up my heat or lights in the winter. just have to turn down the heat for a short period and she catchs back up on the charge. I use a Kuryakyn charge meter.

Guest Shooter777

I run Widder vest and gloves.I also have a PIAA 110 watt headlamp.When I turn on the passing lamps which come on with the high beam my system is no longer charging the battery.I also have the Kuryakn voltmeter. With the low beam and no passing lamps it's charging good.

Steve