IGNORED

fustrated in n.j.

junkyardog53

sold my ride 4 weeks ago,hoping to go to a dealer to sit on a rsv to make sure i'm a good fit for it. every dealer tells me the same story " we don't carry that bike because nobody wants them they want goldwings" the thing is i want one, but i really would like to sit on one before i order one. does new jersey differ in taste from the rest of the usa. any suggestions?

i thing i will try pennsylvania,the eastern part.i live in morris county.

That's too bad. You can't sell what you don't carry. Not everybody wants GWs either. That's a stupid statement. The dealers around here always have one or two a year. Unfortunately for you, IN is a long ways from NJ. But there have to be some between here and there. Tell them that if they don't want to sell one, you'll go find someone who does.

Honda East on Maumee Ohio had two 07 last week, one midnight and one blue/raven. Went back on saturday to see if I could strike a deal. Both were gone! They said thay had three more coming in two 07 midnight and one 08 cherry/raven

If you were in the chicago area you could come over and ride mine!

Do we have a member in NJ that could help this guy out?

There are a bunch of nice used ones in the classified section, and they have a full 5 year warranty that would still be in effect. Not much difference between the 99' through 08' except color, and pillow top seats.

Good Luck, be patient, there is a good one out there for ya!!

Junkyarddog53,

Sorry to hear of your problems. I agree its a shame, East Hanover Yamaha, Speer, Rt 15 Powersports - none of them have a Venture in stock. I will tell you this, about 1 hour west of here (Northern NJ) in an area called (I believe) Quakertown PA, there is a place called Scotts Powersports (take Rt 78 West to 309 South, he is on the left maybe 5-8 miles down). He had a blue and black one in stock about 1 month ago (have not been there since, so I would call first). If your in North Jersey, your welcome to come and sit on my 2000, however I have had the level links (raises the back about 3/4") installed, not sure if that would affect your purchase decision or not.

Good Luck.

Stuart

Same scenario around here. None at the local Yamaha dealer in Grand Junction. Dealer 60 miles away in Montrose sells both Honda & Yamaha and doesn't have RSV models on hand new or used.

Apparently, Yamaha Corp is not pushing their dealers to sell them. What does this mean?

I would like to try one out too but not so sure I would buy if this is the way Yamaha is thinking.