IGNORED

A Scary Thought

FROG MAN

Last evening at the community pig roast there was another one. A friend of mine who I used to ride with bruised and battle scared from a motorcycle accident. It's a shame that one of the most enjoyable past times ( riding a motorcycle) has to be so dangerous. The danger I'm talking about is circumstances beyond your control. Cagers,Deer, etc things that in a split second no amount of safety training or equipment can provide an escape.

I have a level of confidence in my ability, and I rarely ride at night to lower the deer incident probability, but cagers scare the #@^#* out of me. The things I see on the highway and people pull out in front of me in my company truck where is there mind. I often see vehicles going down the highway that are not safe to be on the road.And drivers sometime act like there stoned out of there mind.

I've never had a broken bone ever but the fact is If I was to go down and be laid up for a year. I would loose my job,only have 5 available sick days per year with 120 hrs max carry over, and it wouldn't take long to exhaust everything I've saved for 30 years. The scary thing is when I take a look at my down line of dependents. Wife,kids,grandkids,dad living next door. The quality of life for a lot of people would change. I enjoy a good test run once in a while but I'm glad I don't ride careless like I use to.Still a lot to think about.

The scary thing is when I take a look at my down line of dependents. Wife,kids,grandkids,dad living next door. The quality of life for a lot of people would change. I enjoy a good test run once in a while but I'm glad I don't ride careless like I use to.Still a lot to think about.

I agree Gerald. That's why I carry a ton of insurance. I could go down and they wouldn't even miss me.....:rotf:

Isn't it nice to know that we do not have to be worried, for we could belong both body and soul to a faithful Creator who would not let a hair fall from our head without His knowledge? Doesn't mean that there will be no pain or hardship, but it does mean that each one of us can be held in His care no matter what the circumstances, even all those in our downline. Now he has also provided insurance possiblities, so maybe that may be a thought worth considering in the very near future .

When I think those thoughts, as I often do, there is only one thing to do; look up, and be thankful for His promises and that he is still there.

Last evening at the community pig roast there was another one. A friend of mine who I used to ride with bruised and battle scared from a motorcycle accident. It's a shame that one of the most enjoyable past times ( riding a motorcycle) has to be so dangerous. The danger I'm talking about is circumstances beyond your control. Cagers,Deer, etc things that in a split second no amount of safety training or equipment can provide an escape.

I have a level of confidence in my ability, and I rarely ride at night to lower the deer incident probability, but cagers scare the #@^#* out of me. The things I see on the highway and people pull out in front of me in my company truck where is there mind. I often see vehicles going down the highway that are not safe to be on the road.And drivers sometime act like there stoned out of there mind.

I've never had a broken bone ever but the fact is If I was to go down and be laid up for a year. I would loose my job,only have 5 available sick days per year with 120 hrs max carry over, and it wouldn't take long to exhaust everything I've saved for 30 years. The scary thing is when I take a look at my down line of dependents. Wife,kids,grandkids,dad living next door. The quality of life for a lot of people would change. I enjoy a good test run once in a while but I'm glad I don't ride careless like I use to.Still a lot to think about.

problem is everyone is living in the fast lane and trying to pack two lifetimes in one. moms working and taking care of the kids,because there so far in debt.so she has to go doubletime 24- 7. dads working and busy having fun,not to much time for mom and the kids.sure glad i'm on the side lines in this modern day rat race.i don't have very long left.when it comes time to check out i can look back and remember the old easy going days and the great life i was lucky to enjoy.don't see any future for the next generation.people are driving cars beyond their limits more so everyday.no time to pay attention to whats going on around them,they have other things to pack into their driving time.got to eat, talk on the phone ,yell at the kids, put make up on,read the paper,etc. sure is scary.i'm getting to the point where i feel every ride may be my last one.kind of takes the enjoyment out of motorcycling.:depressed:

Survived mine but lost a lot.Trying to catch back up and can't find time to work ob "Blue Beast ll" I ride now would be great but some time down the road I guess. Maybe I'm just scared to get back out there. I think about it a lot but what little I got to ride the thing before it went south was really great. Got a welder and everything ready to go just need time now. Doing 10 - 12 hr shifts in a row and might get day off!!

I JUST WANNA RIDE!!!!

no time to pay attention to whats going on around them,they have other things to pack into their driving time.got to eat, talk on the phone ,yell at the kids, put make up on,read the paper,etc. sure is scary.

I passed a lady on the way into work one day that was cruising through morning traffic at 75mph doing a crossword puzzle while driving. I have my doubts as to whether she really knew what was going on around her.

I used to be concerned about the people talking on their phones while driving but after seeing that, and another lady reading the paper while driving, the cell phones really don't bother me as much anymore.

Have you ever seen the Angel sitting on the front of your scoot, or the one hanging on to the back? As was told to me once, God provides an Angel to ride on your car, one on each corner, only thing is if you've been drinking or are upset etc, they're not getting on when you go, and if you surpass the speed limit or knowingly do something else outside the law, they make themselves scarce in a hurry. If you haven't seen them, maybe a good time to ask for them. It may not save you from all your troubles, as this world is imperfect, but the thought is surely something to think about. It gives me peace and enjoyment on my scoot knowing that some one is there to help me out with the errors I make, and trust me there has been some of those.

Carl I know there watching over and thank the Lord everyday. I could tell some true stories most would not believe. But that does not give me an advantage to be careless. By the grace of God I have missed many opportunity to leave this world. Yet I have seen many faithful believers leave early before there time.I don't believe in all cases just because one was taken that it was his time to go. We all need to be alert and careful out there. For Gods help we are thankful like I said never a bone broken so far.I just feel like a minority. I don't fit in to my community's drink,snort,smoke,steal,cheat, and grow your own lifestyle.

Carl I know there watching over and thank the Lord everyday. I could tell some true stories most would not believe. But that does not give me an advantage to be careless. By the grace of God I have missed many opportunity to leave this world. Yet I have seen many faithful believers leave early before there time.I don't believe in all cases just because one was taken that it was his time to go. We all need to be alert and careful out there. For Gods help we are thankful like I said never a bone broken so far.I just feel like a minority. I don't fit in to my community's drink,snort,smoke,steal,cheat, and grow your own lifestyle.

+1 :clap2::2133:

Seems like we read from the same book and the same page, but just maybe a different line of instructions. That's great for all instruction need to be obeyed, if you get my drift.

Isn't it nice to know that we do not have to be worried, for we could belong both body and soul to a faithful Creator who would not let a hair fall from our head without His knowledge? Doesn't mean that there will be no pain or hardship, but it does mean that each one of us can be held in His care no matter what the circumstances, even all those in our downline. Now he has also provided insurance possiblities, so maybe that may be a thought worth considering in the very near future .

When I think those thoughts, as I often do, there is only one thing to do; look up, and be thankful for His promises and that he is still there.

As difficult as it is to try and explain the "peace that passes all understanding" Marcarl, you gave it an excellent shot!! Indeed, I just shutter at the thought of going thru life without it...