IGNORED

Bought my old royal star back

gunkylump

I bought a plain royal star in 1996, and dressed it up from there, the way I liked it. I was single at the time, and spent quite a bit of time on the bike. Well, I met Beth, we hit it off, she wanted and deserved a better ride(air ride, tunes, intercom, comfy seat and backrest) and besides, the extra horsepower, looks, and electronic cruise did not hurt my feelings either. Couldn't afford to keep both, so I sold the royal star to a friend of mine, but said that I'd love to have it back if and when I could afford it. He traded it in on a Kawasaki Vulcan touring model, and I lost track of the bike, but was told by the dealership that he traded it in at that the fellow that bought it lived in a small town called Coboconk, which was about an hour and a half away, at the time. I always watched for the bike, hoping to meet the new owner, but it just did not happen. We moved back to the Windsor, ON area, and it's been 5 years since I've seen the bike.

Well, guess what? While cruising the SCRC sites of the Ontario chapters, I found my old bike, and it WAS for sale. WAS being the key word, because today the most recent owner and I came to an agreement on my purchasing my royal star back. Isn't that something? What the heck are the chances of that happening??? Gotta love my wife, she is letting me go through with this. We are going to travel about 6.5 hours next Sunday and pick it up to bring back home!!!

Here's a link to the pic of the bike that he had posted......

http://forums.delphiforums.com/Durham261/messages/?msg=1729.1

Isn't it sweet? So, now I have two royal stars in the garage, my old 96 plain jane, and the 04 Midnite Venture. I am certainly one lucky son of a gun!!!

gunky

Isn't it sweet? So, now I have two royal stars in the garage, my old 96 plain jane, and the 04 Midnite Venture. I am certainly one lucky son of a gun!!!

gunky

Little piece of advice, you need to mention the wife in phases like that:stirthepot:

But yep you are lucky.......

BOO

very neat story, i looked for the first motorcycle that i had as a kid and found it 30 years after i had sold it, the motor was locked up and the bike was taken apart to be sold on ebay. i met the guy the same day he put the fuel tank up for auction and talked him into selling me all the pieces.

It sits in the corner of the garage all repaired and ready to ride, and will most likely never see the light of day again....but i have it back, along with the memories of my first motorcycle.

1972 performance orange and white stripes suzuki ts 50

mike

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/eusa1/fasslercollection250.jpg?t=1252718967

I bought a plain royal star in 1996, and dressed it up from there, the way I liked it. I was single at the time, and spent quite a bit of time on the bike. Well, I met Beth, we hit it off, she wanted and deserved a better ride(air ride, tunes, intercom, comfy seat and backrest) and besides, the extra horsepower, looks, and electronic cruise did not hurt my feelings either. Couldn't afford to keep both, so I sold the royal star to a friend of mine, but said that I'd love to have it back if and when I could afford it. He traded it in on a Kawasaki Vulcan touring model, and I lost track of the bike, but was told by the dealership that he traded it in at that the fellow that bought it lived in a small town called Coboconk, which was about an hour and a half away, at the time. I always watched for the bike, hoping to meet the new owner, but it just did not happen. We moved back to the Windsor, ON area, and it's been 5 years since I've seen the bike.

Well, guess what? While cruising the SCRC sites of the Ontario chapters, I found my old bike, and it WAS for sale. WAS being the key word, because today the most recent owner and I came to an agreement on my purchasing my royal star back. Isn't that something? What the heck are the chances of that happening??? Gotta love my wife, she is letting me go through with this. We are going to travel about 6.5 hours next Sunday and pick it up to bring back home!!!

Here's a link to the pic of the bike that he had posted......

http://forums.delphiforums.com/Durham261/messages/?msg=1729.1

gunky

SWEET! NICE BIKE :photographing:

Man I wish I could get my first bike back. It was a 1967 Sears Allstate 106 CC. Solid black with a magneto. I can still smell it when my dad first put it in the garage in the center stand and I sat on it running the engine, could sleep that night knowing the next day would be Saturday and I would get to ride it. Wow...what a great day that was.

very neat story, i looked for the first motorcycle that i had as a kid and found it 30 years after i had sold it, the motor was locked up and the bike was taken apart to be sold on ebay. i met the guy the same day he put the fuel tank up for auction and talked him into selling me all the pieces.

It sits in the corner of the garage all repaired and ready to ride, and will most likely never see the light of day again....but i have it back, along with the memories of my first motorcycle.

1972 performance orange and white stripes suzuki ts 50

mike

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/eusa1/fasslercollection250.jpg?t=1252718967

Kewl!! :thumbsup2:

Nothing like reuniting with an old love, and keeping the current one too. Nice looking bike. Can you give me any ideas about what was used for the studs on those saddlebags? Those were certainly added.

The conchos are Yamaha conchos, and the studs I used were, oh boy, that was 11 years ago.....I remember purchasing them off the internet......I think if you were to use stainless steel that they wouldn't rust, I'm not sure about the nickel studs that are out there....maybe someone else will chime in and offer some hints. The fella that I'm getting the bike from says that he still has owner's manual and all of the receipts that I kept, maybe the receipt for the studs is still there....I'll check when I get the bike, and if it is I'll let you know.:happy34: