IGNORED

2010 Yamaha/Star Lineup Unveiled

MAINEAC

It was very interesting to me - the Strat Deluxe looks very similar to the Victory Crosstown (or Cross Roads - one of those two) - and if you look on the STAR M/C site - for the Strat - the language in the ad refers to Cross Town - ironic choice of words.

I was in a way surprised to see the Tour Deluxe dropped - but would now think that they would not carry at Strat and a Tour Deluxe.

I was in a way surprised to see the Tour Deluxe dropped - but would now think that they would not carry at Strat and a Tour Deluxe.

Well... If they still make the Venture, I don't see why they would drop the RSTD completely as it is just the venture without the trunk and front fairing... But, it isn't on the website... So maybe it'll be released in february when the 2010 calif. ed. comes out as maybe they had enouph stock of the old jazz to produce these 1999 RSVs.

The Tour Deluxe was a cruiser-style touring bike. Although I love mine passionately, I can see where having a cruising-style cruising bike would be more commercially appealing. By that, I mean cruisers tend to like large v-twins, rather than v-4s. It's all about the rumble when you are hopping from bar to bar or hitting the boulevard. And if you want to travel long distances, a fairing'd bike makes sense.

The TD was anachronism, and I'm not surprised it was dropped.

Dave

The Tour Deluxe was a cruiser-style touring bike. Although I love mine passionately, I can see where having a cruising-style cruising bike would be more commercially appealing. By that, I mean cruisers tend to like large v-twins, rather than v-4s. It's all about the rumble when you are hopping from bar to bar or hitting the boulevard. And if you want to travel long distances, a fairing'd bike makes sense.

The TD was anachronism, and I'm not surprised it was dropped.

Dave

The TD was what I was looking for. A smooth running motor, not a thumper. A reliable motor, unlike most air cooled Vtwins which need to be rebuilt every few years. Quite capable of comfortable cross country riding, although the windshield isn't as protective as a fairing. Its an excellant 1-up touring bike and good for 2-up short trips.

The TD was what I was looking for. A smooth running motor, not a thumper. A reliable motor, unlike most air cooled Vtwins which need to be rebuilt every few years. Quite capable of comfortable cross country riding, although the windshield isn't as protective as a fairing. Its an excellant 1-up touring bike and good for 2-up short trips.

Oh, I completely agree. I'm just not surprised Yamaha looked at the market and replaced the touring-quality motor with a V-twin.

Dave

I don't know about the rest of my RSTD brothers out there, but the reasons I went with the Tour Deluxe as opposed to the Venture was the lack of a fairing. I WANT to feel the breeze when I ride, not hide behind a huge chunk of plastic, having a windsheild I can pop off in a couple of seconds was exactly what I wanted. Add in the electronic cruise control and the quick release sissy bar, the RSTD is/was the perfect bike for my wants. This new Strat Deluxe is certainly not for me, it's a good looking bike and should be a big seller, but you won't find one in my garage.

I seriously doubt Yamaha will bring the RSTD back, I could be wrong.

Please don't take this as a bash on the Venture, if you guys enjoy your Ventures, thats great. I like the Venture, I just like my Tour Deluxe better. :moon:

I was just taling to a Yamaha person who related he was at a meeting of Yamaha people and he basically said the Venture is going to retire after the 2010 year. That the Stratoliner with the big 1800 Vtwin will take its place that its motor is very torquey and 100 HP. They will have another limited VMax run of 2000 bikes for the US with an anniversary red color. that the stock VMAX is detuned to 170 HP that they will offer an unleashing of the beast true performance for $900 of 200 hp. That there will not be a 2nd Gen with a Vmax motor but something new in its place. What that is he didn't know.

If that truly happens, and I'm not at all convinced that it will, then this will be my last Venture unless I buy a used one. I'm just not that excited about the Strat and if I go with an air cooled V-Twin, it would be an Ultra Classic.

:sign yeah that: Ditto except for the Ultra Classic. :Bunny:

If that truly happens, and I'm not at all convinced that it will, then this will be my last Venture unless I buy a used one. I'm just not that excited about the Strat and if I go with an air cooled V-Twin, it would be an Ultra Classic.

To each his own I guess. I love my RSV, but....having ridden a Strat, I'd sure jump on a touring version of that bike before I'd buy a Harley. The reliability of the metric bikes compared to the HD's is overwhelming IMO.

To each his own. If id buy a touring bike like the new strat, id like more than a 4.5 gal fuel tank. Heck i wish my rstd held a little more. And for 17500 id consider a street glide as well. Something i didnt even consider when i bought my 08 tour deluxe.

I was just taling to a Yamaha person who related he was at a meeting of Yamaha people and he basically said the Venture is going to retire after the 2010 year.

If there is any truth in the statement that the 2010 California Venture will be out in Feb, 2010, there is absolutley ZERO chance that the Venture is going to be discontinued after 2010. Think about it - what fool would spend the bucks required to make design changes to a 10 year old bike just to meet the new California emission standards so that they can sell maybe 9 of them in that state during the last half of the model year?

If they DO introduce a 2010 California version, it will be the basis of the Venture in the rest of the country for at least three more years. I do not know if it will be like our current RSV or not, but it just is not possible they will introduce a modified version for California with the plans already in place to then drop it within six months. That is even more bone-headed than the cassette deck!

Goose

Don, i was with you all the way....untill the end,........ultra.

i like my venture and i don't like the v twin vibration, i will ride the yamaha as long as i can find one.

many people have said to me over the years....

"you would own a harley if you could afford it" Not true!!

I have several friends that own harleys and wings and every danged thing in between, and i'm glad they like em. however i enjoy the big mans machine and all the quirks and tape player crap that come with it!! and if you add up all the chrome goodies and non sense stuff that i have added to it, its insured for more than most ultra classics and it was paid for in full before i brought it home.

the longer yamaha drags there feet to a 3rd gen venture, the longer my old girl will hold it's value..

the warranty will be ending the last day of 2009 and she runs like a new one.

mike.