IGNORED

Still movin

Locomotive

The wife and I did a charity ride last week. Lots of bikes and people. So we are ridin with a group and come to a stop sign. I stop and proceed when a guy behind me decides he's gonna try and pass me up. Im in second gear and i hear his metric vtwin creepin up next to me. I figure i will give my bike a good run and see if i can keep up with this guy. I twist the throttle and my wife grabs the back of my jacket. Off we go and we are both turnin and burnin. It was kind of close there for a bit but i was surprized that i was actually keeping up and pulling ahead slowly. At 7k i shifted to 3rd and then the distance between us started to get large. I could hear his bike rappin out as he shifted gears but it seemed like he just ran out of throttle. I was a little self conscious about riding an older bike amongst all the newer bikes but i do like this bike. After keeping up with the pack and holding my position, I like it even better. I had no idea this bike could hold its own up to newer bikes. A few people checked out my bike during a break. They thought it was a Goldwing til they saw the Yamaha on the back. Yamaha should have promoted this bike a little harder and longer. I saw a few Ventures and talked to a few people who were riding them. Even saw an 83 with a sidecar.:322: