IGNORED

The EASY way to replace the breather hose to the air box!

I finally found an easy way to get the breather hose from the crankcase back onto the air box. Just reached in and slipped it on! No hassle! Tooks seconds! No 11" pliers!

Really! All you have to do is remove the rear subframe and fuel tank and there it is!

And no, I haven't been into the beer.......yet.

Hey Dano!

Tell the rust in my fuel tank that! Somethings just won't wait for the snow to fall. But at the outside this should only be a 3 or 4 day job and that's counting the cure time for the epoxy tank liner.

Like I said two years ago.....I'm not rebuilding my bike......I'm building a new one.

Little did I know how true that would turn out to be.

:doh:

Well, that doesn't look that different to the Look my '09 Vmax when i mounted the bigger Tank... just the Fairing and the Handle Bars ... :happy34::happy34::happy34::happy34:

Way to go !!

But on the other Hand, it looks worse than it actually is. I'd love to have the same Look on a 1Gen Vmax, but they choose the weld the rear Subframe instead of bolting it on, like on the 1Gens.

It was surprisingly easy to get to that point. Instead of removing EVERYTHING on the back of the bike I just unbolted the sub frame and took it all off as an assembly. Took about 30 minutes to get the fuel tank out.

That's what i've thought before, thanks for confirming this.

It was surprisingly easy to get to that point. Instead of removing EVERYTHING on the back of the bike I just unbolted the sub frame and took it all off as an assembly. Took about 30 minutes to get the fuel tank out.

Good info.... :thumbsup2:

Yeppers, much simpler. I hate having to pull the lightbar and all the little pieces to get to the stuff I need to work on. This way, pull a few bolts and walla! There it is.

So this is what I got out of my fuel filter and the inside of the tank. I've had this bike for two years and nothing in the filter until the last 2,000 miles. Nasty. The filter screens on the pickup on the petcock were basically gone so everything ran through into the line filter so they must have let go recently.

Just heard from Rick at Buckeye on a new petcock. Ouch! Oh well! What's a fella gonna do? Got my epoxy sealer coming from Caswells so it will have time to cure by the time the petcock gets here.

So back to the garage.