IGNORED

Gauges again

Don, I assume you want the "bright white" and not just any white?

I have withheld doing the gauge thing since I have to replace gauges frequently on my farm tractor. If I could get them in marine grade and 1 1/2" I would do it.

I went back and looked at the post by Ponch on the gauges and those Sunpro he used sure look white to me.

:farmer:

Edited by Sylvester

Yes, I've seen his and it's great. I have already got a face place from him to redo mine. I would just like to find some of those beige faced gauges in the right size. I've sent an email to Autometer but I seriously doubt that they will be interested.

Somebody PLEASE find me some gauges this color in 1 1/2" size. :) They would go GREAT with the RSV dash.

http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?gid=2950&sid=16

Would something like this work?

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/AutoCustomPerformance/Gauges/PRD~0340157P/EQUUS%2B2-in.%2BOil%2BPressure%2BGauge%252C%2BAluminum.jsp

They have a 3 gauge cluster in the same colour.. Pep Boys has them, Napa.. etc

I already have a set of white gauges installed and working. I just happened upon the beige ones and think they would love great on our bikes. I'm getting ready to redo mine using Ponch's face plate and would love to change them out with the beige ones when I do it.

White or beige both go well with a green bike.

Brad

Yeah but white gauges on a green bike is SOOO Faux pas and like, oh so yesterday styles.. makes the bike look a little wide in the hips.. I can see why beige is the preferred colour.. ;)

Guest tx2sturgis

Hey Don and anyone looking for this kinda thing...you might want to just browse the Dakota Digital website...not only do they make lots of cool replacement digital gauges, but they are looking for R&D vehicles to help design new gauges...if we hit them up with requests for Venture packages, they might make something for us...hey its worth a try, or so it seems to me. They are in Sioux Falls SD.

I think a simple rectangular cassette-opening insert with tach, water temp, oil pressure and volt gauge would be cool and easy for them to make. In a dream world, I suppose you could even wish for a complete replacement speedo unit, shaped to fit, and that had a digital speedo, tach, fuel level, oil level, temp, volt, and maybe outside air temp...all in matching blue color...wow...now THAT would be nice...but spendy!

Dont forget when browsing to also look under the universal gauges and automotive gauges...looks like they are the ones to contact about this stuff.

Don, you might have some pull if you email these guys...running a website with 7000+ members... and maybe 500 of us might buy these...you never know. ( group buy, anyone?)

I am pasting a paragraph that I copied right from their website under the FAQ's...

I don't see a kit for my vehicle? Can I still have Dakota Digital gauges?

Most vehicles that we don't have a kit for can be handled by our custom shop. For most customs you will need to send in your original bezel and gauge housing so that we can remove the factory gauges and custom build our digital gauges into your bezel and housing. The bezel should be sent in "ready to install" condition so if it needs to be repainted, chromed etc. be sure to do it before you send it to Dakota Digital. For more information call Dakota Digital's custom shop at (800)593-4160.

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=619/category_id=376/home_id=376/mode=prod/prd619.htm

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=results_w/mode=newitems/results_w.htm

Edited by tx2sturgis

Hey Don and anyone looking for this kinda thing...you might want to just browse the Dakota Digital website...not only do they make lots of cool replacement digital gauges, but they are looking for R&D vehicles to help design new gauges...if we hit them up with requests for Venture packages, they might make something for us...hey its worth a try, or so it seems to me. They are in Sioux Falls SD.

I think a simple rectangular cassette opening insert with tach, water temp, oil pressure and volt gauge would be cool and easy for them to make. In a dream world, I suppose you could even wish for a complete replacement speedo unit, shaped to fit, and that had a digital speedo, tach, fuel level, oil level, temp, volt, and maybe outside air temp...all in matching blue color...wow...now THAT would be nice...but spendy!

Dont forget when browsing to also look under the universal gauges and automotive gauges...looks like they are the ones to contact about this stuff.

Don, you might have some pull if you email these guys...running a website with 7000+ members... and maybe 500 of us might buy these...you never know. ( group buy, anyone?)

I am pasting a paragraph that I copied right from their website under the FAQ's...

I don't see a kit for my vehicle? Can I still have Dakota Digital gauges?

Most vehicles that we don't have a kit for can be handled by our custom shop. For most customs you will need to send in your original bezel and gauge housing so that we can remove the factory gauges and custom build our digital gauges into your bezel and housing. The bezel should be sent in "ready to install" condition so if it needs to be repainted, chromed etc. be sure to do it before you send it to Dakota Digital. For more information call Dakota Digital's custom shop at (800)593-4160.

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=619/category_id=376/home_id=376/mode=prod/prd619.htm

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=results_w/mode=newitems/results_w.htm

Fun people to deal with, I have some of their stuff on another bike project I'm working on ;)

Kind of Like this Freebird?

THIS IS A VERY ROUGH PROTO-TYPE.

The Sunpro Logo on the face plate will also be removed when complete.

Also, the peaces in the photos are not all the way centered yet.

I think this will work :scratchchin:.

BEFORE

[ATTACH]34980[/ATTACH]

AFTER

[ATTACH]34981[/ATTACH]

Jeff