IGNORED

hub meet dates for 2010

Snarley Bill

going to pick the dates for the hub meet next year. remember this is not the international rally. july and august are out, too hot! need some ideas on this, the majority may rule. we had a great time at the international this year ,so i have decided to do it again. it will be a no frills meet, a just come down let your hair down and relaxed get together. i need to get a date set so i can contact randll at the hub, so we can secure the motel reservations. they have other groups lined up. randall will take care of our group. i know it is early but i want everyone to have plenty o notice so they can plan ahead and make reservations. so give me some kick back. thanks, bill :2133:

Sorry I hadn't gotten back to you Bill. It's been a busy week and now that I'm home for a couple of days, I have to get ready to leave for a company meeting in Minnesota early Monday morning and will be there all next week.

It doesn't matter to me when you do it but just a reminder. My annual maintenance day is usually held late May or the first week or two of June.

just make sure school is out.........:hurts:

I don't know when school starts in your area but it's been in session for a week here already so unless it done early in the year then July and August is when it will have to be.

It definitely needs to be when school is out I think.

I don't have a problem with the heat but have it whenever and if we can make it we will.

BOO

About Vogel dates, that wont roll around again till Aug. 2011, we are gonna make some meets next year as long as Charlene's health is better, and I get 3 weeks vacation starting next year..........watch out here comes Trailer Boy..............yeah Don tagged me with that name too at Vogel........:doh:

i usually have my st. charles meet the first part of may. so since i'm not doing that anymore, and i'm not doing the eureka springs meet anymore. i am thinking about the first week of may. the weather should be perfect. i'm not expecting this to be a rally size meet, just a nice get together for those that want to come back, and those that haven't had a chance to ride the great arkansas roads. i'm not going to get fancy with it. it is hard to design a meet around each individuals situation. don would this interfere with your maintenance day? naturally i would like to have a big crowd. i have to do the best i can to satisfy everyone. this will be a kick the season off meet. so i am tentatively setting the date for the first week of may. i will have to check with don and the hub before i make it official. :2133:

Anytime! Post it and we will come. Gonna try hard to make it next year. Looks like some nice riding. If this is NOT the international, is there gonna be an international? (Hope, hope, hint, hint)

:178:

Yes, there will be an International but the date nor place have been decided yet. That will be a new thread soon.

Ok hers is my 5 cents worth. Early May is a good time, cooler but may also be a little wet. I think we need to do another one in the fall also the color change down here then is beautiful and the weather is cool. Ok said my piece.

John

ok folks, i'm going to put the hub meet on hold for a couple of weeks. i just got back from my morning ride and i discovered a most beautiful state park with a motel, cabins, rv hook ups ,tent camping, and a really neat souveineer shop and restaurant. i haven't been there for 45 years but it is awesome. there is swimming, fishing, float trips, etc, in the park and lots of tourist stuff nearby. the name of the park is meramec state park in the heart of missouri. check it out on the web and see what you think. thii park is huge ,heavily wooded and very outdoorsy. i am going to do some checking on it. it was very pleasant weather wise down there today ,so i was thinking maybe the end of august would be nice. there is also plenty of good riding in the area. it is right near sullivan, mo. right off i-44. i'm open for opinions, but since i am going to put this on by myself. i'm going to make the final decision. this would be closer to home for me and make it alot easier for me to get together. the hub is'nt off the slate yet. i just want to check out this alternative, for something new and different. :cool10: :2133:

ok folks, i'm going to put the hub meet on hold for a couple of weeks. i just got back from my morning ride and i discovered a most beautiful state park with a motel, cabins, rv hook ups ,tent camping, and a really neat souveineer shop and restaurant. i haven't been there for 45 years but it is awesome. there is swimming, fishing, float trips, etc, in the park and lots of tourist stuff nearby. the name of the park is meramec state park in the heart of missouri. check it out on the web and see what you think. thii park is huge ,heavily wooded and very outdoorsy. i am going to do some checking on it. it was very pleasant weather wise down there today ,so i was thinking maybe the end of august would be nice. there is also plenty of good riding in the area. it is right near sullivan, mo. right off i-44. i'm open for opinions, but since i am going to put this on by myself. i'm going to make the final decision. this would be closer to home for me and make it alot easier for me to get together. the hub is'nt off the slate yet. i just want to check out this alternative, for something new and different. :cool10: :2133:
:sign outstanding: Idea---once is enough-----LOCATIONS abound----STAY ALERT fer NEW places-------HUB was a gr8 place to rest,socialize and 'indulge'--------FOOD was so-so at best.

When do you normally pick this date as a definite?

I hope to choose a date within the next couple of weeks. I'm just waiting to find out where our spring sales meeting is so that I don't schedule it for that same week. Hopefully I will know something soon.

Meramec sounds good to me. I been wanting to check out Meramec Caverns last time we went by there but we were on a rush to get home. Plus its close to all Winery's in your area too Bill. Sure is good Wine:happy34: We could do another run to some Winerys too. I need to stock up again,Hey Kross Kountry ready for another run...

I camped out there numerous times in the 60's while in highschool and college.

Its a beautiful place with good riding nearby.

the downside would be that because it is a popular destination closer to St. Louis, it will be more crowded, and so will the roads.

I camped out there numerous times in the 60's while in highschool and college.

Its a beautiful place with good riding nearby.

the downside would be that because it is a popular destination closer to St. Louis, it will be more crowded, and so will the roads.

I ride out there quite a bit. Seems once you get off of I44 folks stay away. Go down south to Potosi, and then take off from there. On the weekends it is sportbike heaven though.:Venture:

i was there yesterday morning, and there was not alot going on. the tent camping area was full but it is pretty isolated. the rest of the park was pretty serene. guess it is late in the season now. i will do some more checking. i think weather wise, the end of august would be the prime time. so i am going to figure on the last week of august if every thing looks good there. this is far from official. it will take a few weeks to look in to it. if i do this meet, i will probably still spend a day or two at the hub in early may, for a meet and eat on a friday and saturday, with a stop at lamberts to eat. :2133: