IGNORED

I rode the 2010 Triumph Thunderbird

Sylvester

Yesterday I happened by the Triumph dealer in Mathews, NC and went in to look. They had a sold Thunderbird on the floor (black) but they would not let me demo it since it was sold. The salesman asked the service manager it I could ride his and so off I went. This is a really nice bike. 1600cc vertical twin with awesome torque. It even felt good for comfort with the forward controls and floorboards. I loved everything about it except the tank mounted speedo/tach/gauges. The color was pacific blue and white which was very pretty. :clap2: I have been thinking of a smaller bike for local riding and keeping the RSMV for the long haul. You never know...:mo money:

:farmer:

I would worry about Triumph quality my friend bought the Rocket III Touring had nothing but problems with it in the shop more then he rode it. The bike had 2300 cc and was very fast faster then anther friends Goldwing but terrible quality. He finally wrecked at the Dragon area trying to ride it like his BMWK1200LT except he forgot he couldnt lean it over like his BMW. He was glad to be rid of it.

I have a Triumph America for local riding with 43,000 miles, and never a problem. I replaced the chain once, adjusted the valves once, and replaced the tires a few times. Its very easy to work on and a blast to ride!. The quality of this bike is excellent!

Jay Leno did a short review video on this and has it posted on his website.

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_player.shtml?vid=1138960

He seemed to like the bike.

Rick F.

Well, Ole Jay has one in his garage now....

isn't that nice... do a promo shot with Triumph marketing and get paid in iron !!! :179:

I saw a non-running prototype with the Triumph demo truck about 4 months ago, and was disappointed because I wanted to try one out. But I have the RSTD now and am generally happy with it.

The price on the new Thunderbird isn't going to be much less than the RSTD, and by the time you add bags, windshield and sissy bar, you're over the price of the RSTD.

I haven't ever owned a belt driven bike, but I'd almost give the nod to a belt, all other things being equal.

I tell you, if they would go all the way with the Rocket III tourer, add a full faring, sound system, intercom, trunk. I would have to give it some thought. :)

For a second bike, I would be more interested in the 900 Scrambler though. I love that bike.

I tell you, if they would go all the way with the Rocket III tourer, add a full faring, sound system, intercom, trunk. I would have to give it some thought. :)

For a second bike, I would be more interested in the 900 Scrambler though. I love that bike.

They sound they make is kinda interesting almost jet like. My friends bike (Rocket III Tourer) was a big bike the gas tank was massive. Hes a big man though so it looked all right. It was a pretty bike jet black and the chrome looked good. The motor looked cool almost tractor like as he called it. He bought it new but had a lot of trouble with it though lack of dealers also. Parts fell of while he driving other issues. Until he finally wrecked it at the Dragon. Hes glad its gone. It was a sharp looking bike though. Maybe it was being a new version the bugs werent worked out yet.