IGNORED

Need Help Fixing passenger squeeze!!

Big Hack

I love my better half to death, see loves to ride with me, BUT how can I help get her over squeezing me with her left leg every time a cager is coming from the opposite direction at us on a two lane road. This last Saturday we took a little trip to Nashville and south about 250 mile, and my left hip was sore from her squeezing me.:rotf::Venture:

I love my better half to death, see loves to ride with me, BUT how can I help get her over squeezing me with her left leg every time a cager is coming from the opposite direction at us on a two lane road. This last Saturday we took a little trip to Nashville and south about 250 mile, and my left hip was sore from her squeezing me.:rotf::Venture:

Have her sit in your lap ...

Hey Thom,

Boy, sometimes this site cracks me up! :sign woo hoo:With that being said, there is a mod for the First Gens. where you make a set of brackets that relocates the rear trunk and backrest back 2 inches which would move her knee back 2 inches. Try a thread search and if you can't find anything PM me and I will help you out. The only other thing I can think of is I used to squeeze right behind Jean's knee when she would "put the spurs to me" like you described. After about three rides she stopped. I am a no BS kinda' guy and that might not work for you. The trunk mod might.

Earl

My wife did the double knee squeeze every time the bike would hit the least little bump in the road for at least 2 years after she started riding with me. She finally relaxed enough that she sits back there and dances to the tunes now. Took her some time to trust that I could handle it over those bumps.

Hey Tom,

I've got some stainless steel here that I need to cut up and I can make a set of offset brackets for you. Like Earl said, it'll move your trunk back a couple of inches and give her more room. Let me know.

Dan

So now you want to be known as "Thigh Master". Isn't that how Susan Summers made her money.

Another option would be that since you can not set her on your lap, turn her around the other way and she can keep a look out for what is behind you.

Or, just keep in mind that is some guys' fantasy, what you are complaining about.

RandyA

My oldest daughter was a very nervous passenger.. loved to ride, but had her eyes shut tight most of the time.

Once I installed the intercom system on my ride (I have a Std.. not the VR), because I could talk to her easily and she could talk back, her fears went away - almost immediately. Just being able to communicate without shouting, an dme talking to her as we approached corners, or came alongside trucks, etc, on a 4-lane road, allowed her to relax and enjoy the experience..

Just a thought...

THIGH MASTER, I like that, Thanks for all the suggestions, Miss Hack has read them all and now she wants me to get head sets to go along with my spike studed leathers.:rotf: I will try moving the trunk back alittle to give us more room, we ain't small people.

Again Thanks to ya all.

Big Hack:cool10:

I kinda like the idea of sitting in your lap and facing backwards at the same time . But if that was the case , I would stop and get a room :fingers-crossed-emo .

If you have a backrest already , make her a bag to place on the backside of it . Fill it with goodies or necessities (like nerve pills and alcohol) to fill the void , making it so she squeezes the bag rather than you . Get her own entertainment like an XM or Sinus with the Martha Stewart channel :rotf: to relax her . Just do not pipe it into your headsets :no-no-no: .

I was raised around horses most of my life . I still find myself putting the squeeze on the tank and catch myself 50% of the time and that is on a pleasure ride without fear or concern over traffic . Habits are hard to break sometimes .

But if all else fails , get yourself a 2 x 4 . Cut it long enough to wedge it between her legs to not touch you and tie it off secure .:stirthepot::stirthepot:

BEER30