IGNORED

Why is it....

Squidley

[/center]

In scope of things I think closing down 2 threads in a day is a pitance given the number of postings and the diversity of the crowd herein. I say to the moderators...chillax, just close down the threads and quit having these chats. Those who've had their threads closed get the message; if they don't, there's still no harm done because others don't know what was in the threads, and in the worst case you've only slighted the poster. Additionally, without these chats others won't be looking for and thinking we have heavy handed moderators.

PS, I love going south...ya'll hear everyone speak using singlar verbs attached to plural nouns, ya'll hear verbs that aren't even in the English dictionary, AND you hear people profess that man has not landed on the moon...right, Eck?..."going south" is ALWAYS a great "trip" for me.:hihi:

Oh NOOOOO....

Comming from the far far south, this is not something tolerable to me!!!!

What do you mean going SOUTH?????

Are you going to cross the border now?????

Or we, the far southern people are the devil ???

And now, over all now Swifty loves going south????

You guys make me crazy. I belive I loose one of my CD of "Ingles sin Barreras"....

:stickinouttounge::stickinouttounge::stickinouttounge:

• 4 weeks later...
[/center]

PS, I love going south...ya'll hear everyone speak using singlar verbs attached to plural nouns, ya'll hear verbs that aren't even in the English dictionary, AND you hear people profess that man has not landed on the moon...right, Eck?..."going south" is ALWAYS a great "trip" for me.

:hihi:

Hey, Swifty, my old Canuck buddy - At least down here we don't pretend we're still French! eh? Didn't they loose the war, too? eh? Or.......... several wars, actually. :stirthepot: eh?

Now, back to Squidley and his verbal spanking. You can't blame it on me this time. :rotf: LOL

Since everyone is throwing their $.02 into the fountain, I may as well, too, eh? Political posts belong on a political discussion forum. Or late at night around a campfire after consuming several alcohol-based beverages...........that's always fun. :Avatars_Gee_George: I just wish the threads would stay on topic - that's the main reason I backed off being here. If someone starts a thread about a mechanical issue, it would be nice if all the posts contain actual information related to the issue.

People are also way too touchy-feely and uber-sensitive about thier opinions. If you voice an opinion, and someone disagrees with your angry, pin-headed, narrow-minded, idiotic thoughts - you are not required to reply. :whistling: Just move on.

To paraphase a old saying - Better to keep quiet and let people think you're stupid than to hit "Submit Reply" and remove all doubt.:stickpoke:

To sum up - I've met some great people here, gotten some real good information on my bike and had a lot fun. While not everyone is "loving & caring", the vast majority are good folks. So lighten up people.................or Squidley will hunt your whiny, cry-baby a$$ down and beat the living snot out of you! :Avatars_Gee_George::banana:

How'd I do, Squid?

[/left]

Hey, Swifty, my old Canuck buddy - At least down here we don't pretend we're still French! eh? Didn't they loose the war, too? eh? Or.......... several wars, actually. :stirthepot: eh?

Now, back to Squidley and his verbal spanking. You can't blame it on me this time. :rotf: LOL

Since everyone is throwing their $.02 into the fountain, I may as well, too, eh? Political posts belong on a political discussion forum. Or late at night around a campfire after consuming several alcohol-based beverages...........that's always fun. :Avatars_Gee_George: I just wish the threads would stay on topic - that's the main reason I backed off being here. If someone starts a thread about a mechanical issue, it would be nice if all the posts contain actual information related to the issue.

People are also way too touchy-feely and uber-sensitive about thier opinions. If you voice an opinion, and someone disagrees with your angry, pin-headed, narrow-minded, idiotic thoughts - you are not required to reply. :whistling: Just move on.

To paraphase a old saying - Better to keep quiet and let people think you're stupid than to hit "Submit Reply" and remove all doubt.:stickpoke:

To sum up - I've met some great people here, gotten some real good information on my bike and had a lot fun. While not everyone is "loving & caring", the vast majority are good folks. So lighten up people.................or Squidley will hunt your whiny, cry-baby a$$ down and beat the living snot out of you! :Avatars_Gee_George::banana:

How'd I do, Squid?

I know you didn't ask but to bad. Except for the part where you sucked up to Squid you did a find job I'd say.

BOO

I dont think I'll be doin' that Red, although the thought has occured to me with Charlie sometimes

:whistling:

That thought has occured to everybody that has met ever Charlie. :Avatars_Gee_George: :rotf:

So............let me see if I got this correct. I'm not allowed express political opinions anymore or disagree with the religeous zealots or make disparaging comments about any region of the USA (including Texass) or the entire North American continent (i.e. Canuckville) OR write anything that might offend any of the overly sensitive among us..................... that about it? Are we still the Venture Riders or did we change into the Pansy Riders in my absense?:confused24: We used to be able to jibe each other with reckless abandon.

Why is this thread even necessary? Have we gotten so thin skinned that even a verbal brawl once in a while is too much for our dainty dispositions? :doh: When I was growing up - I was told, "don't dish it out if you can't take it." Still seems like solid advice. I don't know anyone that has died from bruised feelings or a wounded ego..............do you? I'd rather live in a world where people disagreed with me and said so, than in one where everybody thought the same way, talked the same way and acted the same way and was afraid to be different. (btw - that's called Harleyland).

We need to laugh more - at ourselves first, and then at all the other idiots out there. And stop taking every little thing that someone posts so serious. Dios mio - we're all supposed to be adults here. If you're so sensitive that something someone says in a post can destroy your self-esteem .................maybe you bruise to easy and should sell the motorcycle & take up a different hobby...............like knitting? Maybe - instead of everyone trying not to offend the delicate among us, maybe the delicate need to toughen up for a change?

I'm sure even this little rant will offend somebody. Gosh, that makes me sad. :moon:

Lets just make a seperate forum, for political, religious....etc...that only supporting members can go to. That way, peeople can read it or not. It will be their choice to Venture into the forbidden areas.....:missingtooth:

Thats been tried, it doesn't work and the membership shot it down one it was in place. Basically all I am asking for is restraint, I have to use it here as a moderator and I expect nothing less from the members. Sometimes we just need to be reminded so our site moves smoothly

:)

RED has just distroyed me, I will never recover(well maybe for next 30 seconds)

I AGREE WITH RED 100%, TOUGHEN UP, leave you emotions out of it and consider what you read, keep if you find it useful, ignore it if don't. laugh if you thinks its stupid.

Just don't throw personel insults at anyone.

I will shut up now

Gregg

Just deleted 3 political posts in this thread. Come on people. Maybe someday if enough people want the rules changes, then it will be considered but right now that's not the case. Please don't turn a request to refrain from political posts to a springboard for that very thing.

Thanks Freebird, I've been up since 0500,,,saw the posts you canned and agree with you. I have a cousin in Montana, his ONLY 'e' mails to me are political fwds, most very disrespectful. Verbal bashing the political system is futile, if you really want to make a difference, be silent,,,,, VOTE!

I like this "motorcycle rider/tech assist site", and yes some friendly jabbing/teasing is FUN, even healthy! It makes us laugh and that's a good thing but it seems political/religious exchanges always seem to end in grenade tossing,,,,,this is not the place for that.

Let's keep it fun friendly and helpful with some good natured humor. Yes Red, some do need a few extra layers of skin!

Renne

Hey Don,

Seems to me that 2 things would resolve this, but both are in short supply everywhere these days - tolerance and civility. The internet can bring out the best and worse in people. In can connect us with other like-minded folks who share our intersts. And it allows some to hide safely behind their keyboards and computer screens and spew venom without fear of consequence.

I don't know that there is an answer to stop people from putting non-motorcycle related posts here. This is where the tolerance comes in - allow other people to have different (even ridiculous) opinions without having to reply to them. And if you do reply, do it with some civility, style and class.

And that's all I got to say about that.:hurts:

WOW, just had a rush! "safely behind a keyboard spewing venom"! Just like "road rage", safe in the car feeling invincible (doors likely locked). Had a young man "fly by me", gave me the finger because I was only doing 65 in a 65. We met at the gas station, I'm 6'2" 245lb, he became quite humble after we talked about a bit about respect/disrespect. He was just plain angry, likely needed a job or something.

Renne