IGNORED

Recent Mt Washington Video

Seaking

Thanks, very enjoyable. Too bad the weather wasn't better.

Was that camera on your helmet or was someone holhing it?

Thanks M8.. this was my 2nd time up there.. 2 years ago I did it on a VStar and thought my head would explode.. but this time it was like.. "we're done already??" haha My buddy thought his head would explode LOL.. I purposely didn't visit the museum again JUST so I would have an excuse to go back up there next time I'm in the area. The riding video is done with a Helmet Cam (Hero)..

You can see local videos here in Halifax Nova Scotia area at

http://www.myvstar.ca/waverley/

Looks like a nice ride up. Too bad about the rain. I think I might try and do that one day. Looks like a east coast must do. Thanks, nice job.

It was too funny that it blasted rain JUST as I was putting the helmet cam on. Last time I was up there there skies were 100 miles vis and sunshine.. ;)

my wife and i also just got back from that region,you can spend weeks traveling through the mountain hyways...the whole area is very biker friendly...this is a review of the b&b we stayed at (Wyatt House in North Conway, New Hampshire) a must stay if your in the area,very biker friendly great innkeeper(Elaine) great rooms...great breakfasts...sorry no pictures still don't know hope to do that....

Guest Ken8143

Much better weather than when I went up two days earlier. No rain but tremendous fog. 20 ft visibility on the way back down....

Very cool!

One thing I never liked about mountain climbs like that is dealing with the cagers going the other direction since many of them either go way to fast so they use the whole road (especially around curves) or they don't care so they use the whole road (especially around curves). BUT they are ALWAYS worth the drive :)

Thanks for sharing :):thumbsup2:

My wife (then girlfriend) spent several months living and working at the Mount Washington Hotel at Bretton Woods back in 1976 so I, of course, visited. It is one of the most beautiful spots we have seen. Took her 1968 VW Kharmann Ghia up that road---when it was gravel. Scary. Luckily it was a clear day and you could see for miles. We lived in NY then but she loved to tell me that it started snowing there in September and did not stop until May. BRRRR.

EXCELLENT VIDEO! The only bad thing about the video is the fact that I now have to save up for one of those helmet cams, and the wife says I'm getting too many toys ( :innocent: )

Also, too bad it rained as you went up Mt. Washington. I have been up there several times and it's been poor weather each time, but then again, Mt. Washington is home to the worlds worst weather.

I checked out your other videos and that was the deciding factor on saving for the helmet Hero wide with the handlebar adapter.

EXCELLENT VIDEO! The only bad thing about the video is the fact that I now have to save up for one of those helmet cams, and the wife says I'm getting too many toys ( :innocent: )

Also, too bad it rained as you went up Mt. Washington. I have been up there several times and it's been poor weather each time, but then again, Mt. Washington is home to the worlds worst weather.

I checked out your other videos and that was the deciding factor on saving for the helmet Hero wide with the handlebar adapter.

LOL You think YOU have too many toys? Man, I have am Archos A500 bullet cam, SDR-S150 cam, Hero Cam and now a Hi Def Helmet Cam unit that I will be testing out later today or tomorrow.

I would not suggest mounting a helmet cam on the handlebars. Depending on some cameras, the vibes will make it so blurry you won't see anything or impart a resonance to recording that the video will look like it's 'sheared' or wavy.. certain frequency vibes will do that. The Hero Cam is water proof to 30ft so I used it more often and usually mounted on the front fender of the bike.. seems to work OK, or on the helmet as you had seen in the clip, the NOTCH segment was almost a full hour long on NiCad batts but the ride up the mountain, I had used Duracells and it bailed after 11 minutes.. grrr..

The SDR-S150 is hand held and gives awesome results for the size.. up to 3 hours of recording on SD memory.. I carry enough batteries and cards to film over 20 hours.. but didn't have the helmet mount for it..

The Hero helmet cam works OK but as you can see, it does suffer from colour balancing and slow exposure correction.. The SDR-S150 is super fast and does the dark well enough.

Cheers!

That road at the top looks pretty slick. Was it ?

Oh gosh not at all slick or slippery at all.. I don't know if you can see it but the road is roughed up for traction and there was no iffy feeling of traction.. Mind you, I have newer E3s on my bike while my buddy has older soon to be changed OEM tires.. He felt the road a little slick but he thinks it was his nerves and adrenalin doing that LOL.

I think there is only 1 mile of dirt road and even in the heavy rains that section was decent enough, just recently graded so it wasn't all washboard kinda surface..

Not because it was my second time up, but I honestly felt it was super easy to do.. just take your time, pay attention to what you're doing and it's all good.. you can even steal a glance to the sides once in a while lol

Mt Washington is an awesome place, another great spot is the ride up Whiteface in Lake Placid,

Yep, been up both. At least Whiteface is paved all the way. I was up Mt Washington in '03, and I remember quite a bit of gravel surface. Not too bad going up, but a little scary coming down, looking over the sides!