IGNORED

Night Rides...........

BoomerCPO

Over the last few weeks I and roughly 15 riding friends have been doing night rides. We group up at 8PM,gas up,and head out. Needless to say the rides have been great. Very relaxing, little traffic, and much better temps to ride in. I have noticed that all of us tend to ride at lower speeds than we do during daylight hours as well.

Granted the scenery is diminished but other than that it is still good riding! Most of our ice cream stops are open until 11PM so that's an added plus.

Anybody else here doing the same thing? Comments welcomed.

Boomer.........racking up the miles day and night here.

Only because we lose track of time! Days are already getting shorter here.

My night vision is terrible and 5 times this summer a deer as jumped between Gary & I which makes us both a little skittish in the dark.

I have to agree with you though....it's peaceful and the temp's are wonderful!

I've been out with marCarl & Wizard765 for a handful of evening rides, and we generally don't get back until well after sunset. Until very recently, it was downright cold after dark, but lately the heat and humidity have cranked back up to summer levels.

If we can figure out how to get Carl's knee to bend without snapping again, we'll be right back at it.

Very very rarely do I ride at night. It will be mostly cause I got caught out after dark.

I know what you mean about cooler and really fun to ride at night...but...there are way to many critters that will get in your way at night around here.

Deer is my main concern. It is not uncommon to see them at 3PM in the afternoon here. Just wait till the season opens. Deer jerky for everyone. :fingers crossed:

Very very rarely do I ride at night. It will be mostly cause I got caught out after dark.

I know what you mean about cooler and really fun to ride at night...but...there are way to many critters that will get in your way at night around here.

Deer is my main concern. It is not uncommon to see them at 3PM in the afternoon here. Just wait till the season opens. Deer jerky for everyone. :fingers crossed:

I assume you mean hunting season .... heh, that's the best time to do night riding around here... all the danged deer hide then LOL

I don' do a lot of night riding but at least once a week we go out with our riding club and don't get back til after dark.

As mentioned earlier, everybody does ride slower and very watchful for the critters.

Worst part about night riding for me is cleaning off the bugs afterward.:missingtooth:

Riding at night from around 1am till 3 or 4am was one of my favorites things. Cool air and quiet peaceful solitude. It gave me time to think about things.

Now I work days and thus I try to sleep at night. But once in a while I'll get out on a PGR mission that leaves at 3AM.