IGNORED

Lesson Learned the Hard Way!

Guys I put my stock mufflers back on the RSV.No this isnt about who does or does not like loud pipes,I just got tired of the noise on LONG trips. The Lesson Learned.....CHECK YOU PART NUMBERS ON ANY PART YAMAHA SELLS YOU. I worked 5 hours trying to make my Exhaust gaskets fit on the Bike. I look at the part number....The last 5 numbers that is..Humm it says 14714,Why isnt it working,do I need to beat the gasket flatter to get it to fit proper? It fit in the muffler end..Whats the problem. I call Ponch , He says its real easy. I call Roadhand,"No problem Tom Just put it on and slide the muffler on"..OK another 45 minutes I am now about to stroke out so I go look at the part # on the Internet parts catalog The full Part # is 3XW-14714-00-00..well I said Thats what I have...Puzzled so I look at the package the guy gave me...Part # 4NNK-14714-00-00..(wrong Number) What a dumb a$$..I put the mufflers on in 20 minutes after getting the correct part. The part #4NNK-14714-00-00 is the gasket for the header pipe. Lesson is what all our wives have told Us,READ THE DIRECTIONS, in this case READ THE PART number. Im writing this to give a heads up as it was frustrating to say the least. Be safe Tom

Could have saved yerself a lot of grief if you had not put on any mufflers and just ran straight pipes on the scoot.:banana:

Boomer.....still spooking the squirrels outta the trees and waking up the Granny's from their behind the wheel naps with those 4-2-4 Nasty Boys.:D

I am going to either go back to the stock pipes or try to pick up a set of road kings, I took the scenic route back home from Harrison and just got back to Texas yesterday. The loud pipes were starting to get a little old by the time I got home. I may see if I can find someone who will trade road kings and hardware for the Sampson's I have on the bike now.

you want loud and nasty ?? next time you have the mufflers off fire that thing up !!! it sounded better than my old sprintcar, even my girlfriend cracked a smile. my neibors were peering thru the tree's wondering if i'm back to racing, no just having a minute of fun.