IGNORED

What is up with the Venturers?

dynodon

OK, I know a few people have problems with that "other" venture club, but I and a lot of us here are a member of both. I believe in live and let live, the internet is big enough for everyone.

But starting yesterday, I have been getting virus alerts when I try to go to the venturers.org site. It doesn't appear to be coming from my McAfee site advisor though, but from Google?

Has the site been hacked and attacked?

Can't seem to get through to post a note, even if I ignore the warning, it comes back with every click on the site.

Never seen it before. thoughts?

And please, no blasts, again, many of us are on and appreciate both sites.

Edited by dynodon

In many cases my virus blocker flags the advertisements that a site is linked to, rather than the site itself. Commercial sites frequently try to download software bits to people's computers. With all the fancy add-ons to web pages, its hard to differentiate useful and needed software from the intrusive and malicious.

Probably Yamaha hired hackers who were hired to go in and mess up the sites to yamaha manuals and repair information on their bikes.......:confused24::whistling::sign just kidding:

Well if that was the case they would have to attack my personal servers since I'm hosting the PDF files. I double dog dare them to hack my servers. If they do I won't buy the new VMax! :rasberry:

(And yes, I get hits to those manuals from that 'other' site all the time. They never even asked permission.)

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 6 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-08-10, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-08-10.Malicious software includes 2 scripting exploit(s).

Malicious software is hosted on 3 domain(s), including
cqzinomonster.com/
fgdssdfsdf.com/
60.29.232.0/

3 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including
web-analizer.info/
web-analizer.org/
web-analize.org/

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including
AS32392 (OPENTRANSFER)

I just logged in without any problems. Running Vista Home Premium 64 and using 64 bit IE.

oldsalt

Then you may have just been attacked by a virus. It is a stealth attack and unless you have software on your computer to alert you and/or block the attack you are doomed.

This type of attack does not require you do do anything other than visit the site.

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for venturers.org

What is the current listing status for venturers.org?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 6 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-08-10, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-08-10.Malicious software includes 2 scripting exploit(s).

Malicious software is hosted on 3 domain(s), including
cqzinomonster.com/
fgdssdfsdf.com/
60.29.232.0/

3 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including
web-analizer.info/
web-analizer.org/
web-analize.org/

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including
AS32392 (OPENTRANSFER)

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, venturers.org did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Guest seuadr
In many cases my virus blocker flags the advertisements that a site is linked to, rather than the site itself. Commercial sites frequently try to download software bits to people's computers. With all the fancy add-ons to web pages, its hard to differentiate useful and needed software from the intrusive and malicious.

this is likely the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still getting the warnings from google. Even if I "ignore" the warnings and go in the site, I am unable to post anything or use the "contact" feature to communicate.

Is there some way I can stop the Google warnings or does anyone have a direct e-mail to anyone at the Venturers site? I wonder if they still know they have a problem, or if they can help me stop the warnings on my computer?

Thanks for the help, and for understanding about the "other" site being of value also.

for any of you still having problems with entering The Venturers site thru Firefox this is posted on that site as a fix.I used it and it worked for me.

This warning that you are getting is a Malware type sponsor of Firefox

and to get rid of it and start surfing do the following ..

Open Firefox to your normal home page .. then

a) From main menu open Tools

b) Click Options at the bottom of the Tools Menu

c) Click Security Tab and open the Security window

d) Uncheck the check box labeled

1) Block reported attack sites

2) Block reported web forgeries

3) KEEP THE FIRST BLOCK CHECKED ..

Close Firefox then reopen and you should be OK ...

This is turning off the browser's blocking of malware sites, which seems dangerous to me.

for any of you still having problems with entering The Venturers site thru Firefox this is posted on that site as a fix.I used it and it worked for me.

This warning that you are getting is a Malware type sponsor of Firefox

and to get rid of it and start surfing do the following ..

Open Firefox to your normal home page .. then

a) From main menu open Tools

b) Click Options at the bottom of the Tools Menu

c) Click Security Tab and open the Security window

d) Uncheck the check box labeled

1) Block reported attack sites

2) Block reported web forgeries

3) KEEP THE FIRST BLOCK CHECKED ..

Close Firefox then reopen and you should be OK ...