IGNORED

We are at Vogel

Freebird

Almost anyway. :) We stayed in Cornelia last night but are going to be in Helen for the next couple of night before checking in to the cabin on Wednesday. We haven't gotten rained on at all but it has sure been hot.

For some reason, I can't check my email from this hotel. Internet is working and I can get my email from venturerider.org but they seem to have the entire Verizon network blocked and I can't access my email through Thunderbird and even the Webmail page won't open. So...I wasn't able to check my email of all the posts for the past day and can't get any email that you may have sent. Hopefully it will work from the hotel in Helen. This is the first time I've been able to get online and have my email not work.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Glad to see you and Eileen safe and sound in the area, Don. Rose and I will have to live vicariously through you guys as she's already back to work at school and I'm getting ready to head out for the day. Have fun riding around the area and you guys have a great time

Dan for us!

Almost anyway. :) We stayed in Cornelia last night but are going to be in Helen for the next couple of night before checking in to the cabin on Wednesday. We haven't gotten rained on at all but it has sure been hot.

For some reason, I can't check my email from this hotel. Internet is working and I can get my email from venturerider.org but they seem to have the entire Verizon network blocked and I can't access my email through Thunderbird and even the Webmail page won't open. So...I wasn't able to check my email of all the posts for the past day and can't get any email that you may have sent. Hopefully it will work from the hotel in Helen. This is the first time I've been able to get online and have my email not work.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Hey Don,

Glad to hear your in the neighborhood. Just thought I'd mention that if your planning to stay in Helen and have not made reservations you might try my friends Bed and Breakfast Lodge (called The Lodge at Windy Acres) which is located just 3 miles South of Helen on Ga Hwy 75. My friend Betty Snow will treat you like Royalty and cooks up a wonderful breakfast. Her lodge has a nice country home type setting and you will find it very peaceful and relaxing. If her daughter and my friend Connie comes by, which she usually does daily, you might be treated to some wonderful personal entertainment since Connie is a professonal Singer/Songwriter. If you think you might want to give the lodge a try, let me know and I'll call Betty and tell her to roll out the red carpet for you.

Since you have a few days to kill before Vogel if your interested, I'll be glad to come up and give you a personal guided riding tour of the area which is my personal riding road territory. You'll find N. Ga a wonderful riding experience if you don't already know. I would love to spend some quallity face time with you since I have not really had the opportunity to do so since joining the Ventureriders site.

I don't know what your plans are but, If your interested the invitation is open. Give me a call at 404 838-9668 and I'll load up and head that way. I'm about an hour away. At any rate, If your plans don't allow I will be looking forward to seeing you at Vogel.

Hi Don

Well your in my neck of the woods now. LOL

If you get bored and want to check out your ride or have dinner ( we have a Rib Country ) right around the corner from us now and a new Wally World .

Give me a shout I'm 20 min's away from Helen.

Steve 770-630-0973

Well maybe not being able to get your email is God's way of saying kick back and relax for a change. Don't worry about any trouble that's what the moderators are for. You and Eileen just enjoy yourselves. Oh and I'm glad she's with you, maybe this year you won't get everyone in trouble with that little barney fife ranger.

Margaret

Welcome to my backyard, too. You may still have my cell number? If you need anything, give me a call. I'm tied up tonight, but I could probably make it to Rib Country (or to Helen) Tuesday evening. Otherwise I'll see you Wednesday!

Just let me know!

James

P.S. cell = seven oh six - eight oh nine - two five seven nine

P.P.S. Don't know how well you know the area, but I'll give you some ideas if you want to take a ride. You may already know these roads, but I didn't know for sure so...

Richard Russell Scenic Hwy / Brasstown Bald - Go west from downtown Helen and turn left on Alt 75 and then take first right on 348/Richard Russell Scenic Hwy. Dead end at 180 and take a right. About 5+/- miles on 180 take a left and ride to the top of Brasstown Bald, highest point in GA. Return to 180 and turn left to Hwy 75/17 and turn right to return to Helen via some nice sweepers.

TWO/Wolfpen Gap - Go west from downtown Helen and turn left on Alt 75 and then take first right on 348/Richard Russell Scenic Hwy. Dead end at 180 and take a left. Less than a mile you will turn left on 19/129 to stay on 180 and then about three miles down 19/129 you will turn right on 180(just before Vogel). Follow 180 to TWO (Two Wheels Only) to find a good meal and/or a rest stop with other bikers. From TWO turn righ on Hwy 60 and then left at the stop sign onto 19/9. At the stop sign turn right on 129 and then watch for Alt 75 to take you back to the west end of Helen or come on in to Cleveland and take 75 at the red light back to main street in Helen.

Lake Burton - Go west from Helen following 17/75 all the way to a stop sign at Hwy76 (to the left is Hiawassee and Lake Chatuge) and turn right on 76. Follow 76 about 12 miles and turn right on Hwy 197. 197 goes down the west side of Lake Burton and you will find LaPrade's on the left for a nice meal and/or a rest stop. Continue down 197 to turn right Hwy 356/Lovell Wickle Scenic Hwy. 356 will bring you back to 17/75 and a left will have you back in Helen.

Be Safe and Be Blessed!

Edited by GaThumper

If anyone wants to meet up at Rib Country tomorrow evening ( Tues. ) I plan on being there at 6:30.

It on 129 about 5 miles south of Cleveland town circle on 129 next to Jacky Jones Ford.

( wife is out of town for a few days and I need to eat so come on over and join me ) They now serve beer.

If anyone wants to meet up at Rib Country tomorrow evening ( Tues. ) I plan on being there at 6:30.

It on 129 about 5 miles south of Cleveland town circle on 129 next to Jacky Jones Ford.

( wife is out of town for a few days and I need to eat so come on over and join me ) They now serve beer.

I'll be there tuesday at 6:30pm.

btw. just back from a short trip down GA 400 to Dawsonville to get some fence posts for a garden. Saw three 2nd Gen Ventures go by headed north around 3:30pm. First a lone green one, then a white one and a I-Ferget-the-color one about a mile later. Someone must have yelled free beer on CB channel 29.