IGNORED

Hello, You Venture Trike Riders - some questions!

Nemo

Just been thinking that I might also enjoy having a Trike Kit installed on my RSV and would apprediate some honest answers to a few questions that comes to mind.

1. What is the brand of yours?

2. Do you truly like and enjoy it?

3. Is there anything in particular that you dislike about it?

4. Do you feel in control at all times?

5. Do you feel any safer now than you did on 2 wheels?

6. Do you have that Proud feeling, like "Busting your Buttons"? Or just always smiling!

7. Is turning corners on city streets any problems?

8. Is it hard to steer at all?

9. How efficient are the rear brakes?

10. Have you ever tipped it up on 2 wheels?

11. Can you push it backwards fairly easy?

12. How much did it reduce your gas mileage?

Man, that's a lot of questions! I hope that I'm not being too inquisitive and I thank you for the answers! Owen.

1. What is the brand of yours? ( Hannigan )

2. Do you truly like and enjoy it? (I wish I had done this a few years ago. I truly enjoy it.)

3. Is there anything in particular that you dislike about it? (lower fuel mileage) that's is about it.

4. Do you feel in control at all times? (YES.. Don't think I would if not for the rake kit though)

5. Do you feel any safer now than you did on 2 wheels? (WAY SAFER) Much more now!

6. Do you have that Proud feeling, like "Busting your Buttons"? Or just always smiling!( Ear to ear Still)

7. Is turning corners on city streets any problems? tight turns are really easy..

8. Is it hard to steer at all? (nope) Again RAKE KIT makes all the difference

9. How efficient are the rear brakes? The Hannigans are awesome , duel disk brakes

10. Have you ever tipped it up on 2 wheels? (nope, not going to happen with the Hannigan) the only kit with a 5 foot wheel base)

11. Can you push it backwards fairly easy? Extremely EASY , was one of my biggest worries as well.

12. How much did it reduce your gas mileage (about 7 miles per gal)

Good Luck on what you decide!

feel free to call me anytime if

you need more Questions answered!

Jeff

Guess I agree with him...Best choice I ever made...too many old injuries for a big two wheeler...Mine is old school Tri-Wing...Keep the brake shoes adjusted and I've had no problems..and after inital assembly, don't spare the loctite...but then I've a mile of real bad dirt roads to get out of my place...E-Z steer is a godsend...even on the rutted roads of Bar Harbour Maine...Got a Clearview windshied with the "Goldwing vent" a waste..blows hot air in your face or rain...Best investment for Florida summer riding? Beadrider seat cover...Tried "Voyager Kits" on three previous bikes...Okay, but a bit "Butt ugly....And with 49000 miles behind me now I'll answer any questions...and the shinny side will stay up, unless...but let's don't go there.....

Cougar and Bob have answered your questions pretty good. I have the Tri-Wing myself, having made the decision to do the conversion myself and saving a few $$$ in the process.

This past week Don ( B2Dad ) had his trike ( Hannigan) at the International Rally. After comparing the two rides and seeing how they preformed together I can honestly say there's pros and cons to owning either one. Tri-Wing is more old school looking, has a solid Ford axle and available with diffent axle gearing, and will save a buch of $$ if you're the do it yourselfer type.

I do like many features on the Hannigans too. Like good disc brakes , the wider rear foot print, lower to the ground, and smoother ride of the indepenant suspension.

Also check out what Champion has to offer in a trike conversion for the RSV's.

Regardless of the company you end up choosing to trike out the ride with I'd strongly recommend getting the fork rake conversion done. That alone will make steering and handling much easier and less tiring for the driver.

Coming back with Don to Michigan we were riding at the same speeds & covering the same distantances. I was consistanately using a 1/2 gal of gas per tank than he was at every gas stop. Not sure what his axle ratio is but I have a 3:42 gear ratio in the axle. His bike is supposed to be lighter as well, mine weighs in at 1260 lbs with a full tank and all the normal stuff I carry in the trunk. I was getting 28/29 mpg @ 70 mph and sometimes as high as 32/34 mpg @ slower speeds. Even running the mountains with a heavy hand on the throttle I was getting 34 mpg. Hale filled his bike using 2.9 gal and I used 3.2 in a 108 mile run on Monday at the Rally. In Don's defence he was also pulling a trailer thou. My odometer is off a bit as it's not currently dead on. I'm registering 2/10 over in a 10 mile streach using highway markers.

Larry

Edited by Carbon_One

I really like my bike (this is really B2dad talking). I have only had it 2 weeks now and still really learning everything. I still can't get used to it in the twisties. I am disappointed in the gas mileage, however...I am heavy on the throttle and have been pulling a trailer that I swear weighs 900 #...THE WIFE PACKED HER WHOLE CLOSET!!!

The ride is terrific with independent suspension and the disc brakes, of course, are the best. It stops on a dime..

I am sure you will be happy with whatever trike kit you choose. let me know if you need any other info. Carbon One summed up our bikes pretty accurately.

Don:thumbsup2:

1. What is the brand of yours? ( Hannigan )

2. Do you truly like and enjoy it? (I wish I had done this a few years ago. I truly enjoy it.)

3. Is there anything in particular that you dislike about it? (lower fuel mileage) that's is about it.

4. Do you feel in control at all times? (YES.. Don't think I would if not for the rake kit though)

5. Do you feel any safer now than you did on 2 wheels? (WAY SAFER) Much more now!

6. Do you have that Proud feeling, like "Busting your Buttons"? Or just always smiling!( Ear to ear Still)

7. Is turning corners on city streets any problems? tight turns are really easy..

8. Is it hard to steer at all? (nope) Again RAKE KIT makes all the difference

9. How efficient are the rear brakes? The Hannigans are awesome , duel disk brakes

10. Have you ever tipped it up on 2 wheels? (nope, not going to happen with the Hannigan) the only kit with a 5 foot wheel base)

11. Can you push it backwards fairly easy? Extremely EASY , was one of my biggest worries as well.

12. How much did it reduce your gas mileage (about 7 miles per gal)

Good Luck on what you decide!

feel free to call me anytime if

you need more Questions answered!

Jeff

I have to agree with everything said here. It was the best thing that I could have done which allows me to still ride. The gas mileage was reduced to 35mpg. I guess it's going to depend on what rear end you get with the kit. I have the Hannigan also and paid extra to have it installed by someone who knew what they were doing. Mine is also raked, but I also put one and a half inch risers on. This helped me from pushing down on the bars when making a turn. You might want to think about that. It will take a couple of weeks to get use to it. It did for me. But I would not give it up for anything. (Now that it is running like new) [No fault of the tirke kit] You will learn to pick your spots to park so you wont have to back in. But if you have to, as has been said, it is easy to push backwards. And yes, I do smile a lot when people look at it.

Just do it and have fun. Think about it. You don't have to put your foot down when you stop on a hill!!!!

Ken:cop:

Thanks for the input guys! Hannigan is the brand that I've been checking on, too. There is also a dealer here in Iowa who will come and pick up my bike and deliver it back with the new set on it for no charge, and he's around 500 miles from here. Anyway, I do appreciate the positive opinions which helps confirm my choice. Guess it's time to bust the piggy bank open again! :mo money: Owen.

Owen, that would be Pete (owner) of Hatfield MotorSports!

Tell him Jeff Sent you would you? tell him it is the guy

you did the first RSV Hannigan on. they are great folks

to work with. they are about 60 miles from me.

enjoy!

Jeff