IGNORED

Victory Vision

Freebird

They maybe diffrent than everything else but thats what I like about them!! Everyone I was running into has a goldwing or harley so I had to get the venture, I love the bike just wish it was more up to date. But I guess if it was up to date I wouldnt have been able to buy a new venture for 14900 I guess.:cool10:

They maybe diffrent than everything else but thats what I like about them!! Everyone I was running into has a goldwing or harley so I had to get the venture, I love the bike just wish it was more up to date. But I guess if it was up to date I wouldnt have been able to buy a new venture for 14900 I guess.:cool10:

I purchased my 02 RSMV in the fall of 01 and it was as up to date as the 2000 HD Ultra I sold. Sylvester and I have bonded and I can feel his heartbeat. I need no other bike in my future. I treat Sylvester like my five dogs...I talk to him. I will ride out my miles with Sylvester.

:farmer:

My wife and I took one out for a ride last year at Americade. We were out for about 30 - 40 minutes, were we did mainly freeway riding, I was at the back of the pack so I had lots of opportunity to "sling shot" and let me tell you this bike has a lot more power that the Gen 2 up at the top end. I would like to have taken it through the twisties to see how it handled, but I must say the bike handled really well on the few corners that we were taken through. My only complaint was the mirrors, might as well take them off and use the space for storage, cannot see a damn thing out of them as your fist blocks the view rearward, me no like this. My wife has short legs so she had a hard time to reach the floor boards, mainly because of the side bag's apex being so high. The look's are not that bad, I can live with the looks, the price I cannot.

Keith.:dancefool:

Rode a Vision Tour last fall and I've gotta agree with Freebird. I will add that when I rode it (on a LONG test ride:cool10:) it drove out pretty nice. I liked the electric windshield adjustment, heated grips, etc. The bags are VERY small though, and while rider comfort was really good, wifey noted that passenger comfort (for her at least) was awful....even the salesman said it looked like she was "riding the saddlebags" (and she said it felt like it too!).

Then there's the "look" factor... Dunno if I could ever get past it...I know pretty is as pretty does (and it does look a LOT better from the saddle than from the side:hurts:) but man, that is a seriouly UUGGLY motocycle!

Sorry, but I think Arlen Ness is severely overrated. I mean some of his designs are okay. But from what I've seen the designs, for riding purposes, are not practical, functional nor pretty. I really haven't seen a Ness creation that I really, really like. :soapbox: :2cents:

Let the flaming begin! ;)

Sorry, but I think Arlen Ness is severely overrated. I mean some of his designs are okay. But from what I've seen the designs, for riding purposes, are not practical, functional nor pretty. I really haven't seen a Ness creation that I really, really like. :soapbox: :2cents:

Let the flaming begin! ;)

Im with you, if your into the New York artsy crowd maybe but not for me

• 10 months later...

I rode one a couple of weeks ago and if all I was concerned about was how it rode there would already be one in the hangar. Lots of power, extremely well balanced and a very comfortable ride. I actually like the look. The big downside is the lack of storage and the fact that it costs an extra $1350.00 to get a cb. I didn't try to work a final price on the thing but that brings the sticker price to over 25,000.00 Way too much in my book.

Wife & I rode the Vision... nice ride, lots of power, easy to handle...basically a breeze. Too much wind buffeting for Nina regardless of how I adjusted the windscreen. Other thing was the passenger floorboards... too high up for Nina and ya can't do a thing about it.

Oh yeah.... and it is U U U U U U U U U U gly!! just can't come to like the looks of it...yet in a weird way, I think it looks cool!! go figgure ...eh?

Now, if I ever get the chance to test drive a Cross Country.... WOW that scoot is gorgeous!!!

I looked at one at the Little Sturgis ralley in Sturgis MS.

The bike has a lot of nice features, that anyone would enjoy. I think the price is a bit high, especially if you are exceeding the Ultra Classic. I was very disappointed in the saddle bags and some parts on it seemed kinda cheap. Polarus is a snow mobile company, right...maybe they need to stick to what they are good at.

I am not sure I could pay that much for so much Ugly. All I can do now is hope Yamaha takes notice of the nice features it has and does not see the bike to possible duplicate that funky look.

Wouldnt suprise me if more bikes look like this in future. Cars changed greatly over the years. Bikes are going to have to change too. At first I didnt like the Vison but its ok now. Someday theyll get over making bikes that look like they were made in 1947.:big-grin-emoticon:

the vision is a nice bike, but you better like it if you buy one. now the crossroads and crosscountry are another story. they are getting great reviews and aren't so far out. i would be willing to go with the air cooling cuz they are also oil cooled. the engine is basically the same design as the 1400 intruder engine. oil is sprayed on the bottom of the pistons and the bike is equipped with an oil cooler. the quality is impeccable on all the victories i have seen. i think polaris has got their s##t together. my wife asked me today if you go down to one bike what would you keep. i told her none of them. i would probably go for the crossroads. she said sorry i asked. :rotf::2133:

Oh yeah.... and it is U U U U U U U U U U gly!! just can't come to like the looks of it...yet in a weird way, I think it looks cool!! go figgure ...eh?

Somewhere I remember a picture, of this fugly thing, next to a picture of Bozo the Clown. The resemblance was remarkable!!! :yikes:

When I see a Victory Vision like this

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/Tour-front-beauty.jpg

I see a combination of Bozo the Clown's hair

http://www.tvparty.com/bgifs17/brittenbozo.jpg

And the Tasmanian Devil's mouth

http://www.gwrra-mi.org/Images/clipart/TAZ.jpg