IGNORED

Vogel Schedule................

DragonRider

Tail of the Dragon IV @ Vogel

Aug.12-16, 2009

Wed. 8/12/09

1:00-5:00 PM Registration in front of Conv. Store/Office.

6:30 Pm Dinner Ride

Thurs. 8/13/09

8:00-9:45 AM Registration......same location as above.

10:00 AM KSU & Depart for Helen, Ga. Shopping, Tubing, Eating, Browsing. Return to Vogel at your discretion.

7:30 PM..There will be a get-together somewhere in the park, will be announced or posted. This will end at 10:00 following park guidlines.

Fri. 8/14/09

8:00 AM KSU to depart for all day ride.

1st leg of ride will take us back roads to Telico Plains where we will break for gas and refreshments at the Exxon, where we will also be meeting some other riders before departing for the Cherahola Skyway. Distance..66 miles

2nd Leg will take us over the Skyway to Robbinsville, NC. Distance 53 miles.

3rd Leg will take us to Deals Gap for lunch, before tackling the Dragon. Then we will leave Deals Gap stopping in Robbinsville for gas before heading back to Vogel with a refreshment stop in Anderson, NC.

Distance 107 miles

6:00 PM

Depart Vogel for free concert in Brasstown, aprox 30 mile ride. This ride will be lead by Royalstarjac.

Sat. Aug. 15

No scheduled rides today. There will be carb sync be done in the parking lot of shelter #3. These will be available from 10:00 am till 4:00 pm.

4:00 pm till

Final get-together for this years Dragon@Vogel.

Drawings for raffles with numerous prizes and a 50/50

raffle benefitting St. Jude Children's Hospital.

This years menu is being catered by

Shane's Rib Shack. Menu will consist of :

Pulled Pork

Chicken

Brunswick Stew

Green Beans

Peach Cobbler

Sweet Tea, Unsweet Tea, Lemonade

Texas Toast or some sort of bread.

Sun. Aug 16.....

Tail of the Dragn IV @ Vogel ends............till Aug. 2011!!!!!

Edited by DragonRider
Revised schedule

Ok folks here is the anticipated schedule for Tail of the Dragon IV @ Vogel.

Weds. Aug 12.........

Registration starts 1:00 pm till 5-6:00 pm

Dinner ride 7:00 pm.........Location to be announced.

Thur. Aug 13...........

A day in Helen, with shopping, eating, tubing, or whatever you want to do.

Depart Vogel 10:00 am

7:00 pm...........get together on the beach, snacks. BYOB

Fri. Aug 14..........

Tail of the Dragon Via The Cherohala Skyway......Depart Vogel 8:00 am

Lunch stop somewhere

Free concert in Brasstown, ride lead will be Royalstarjac, concert is at 7:00 pm

Sat. Aug 15.......

Poker run may not happen, not enough participants as yet.

Free day to lounge around the park, or take a ride.

4:00 pm Set up at shelter #3 for catered meal by Shanes Rib Shack

Drawings for door prizes, Raffles, group picture

Sun. Aug 16.....

Tail of the Dragn IV @ Vogel ends............till Aug. 2011!!!!!

Bump, Lewis did I make reservations with you for this event? Do I need to? I too have CRS syndrome. What else do I need to do? I plan on being there for the entire event. Where is the registration thread I can't find it?

Havent received your registration, but if you want to, you can do it when you arrive.........not a problem, we will have a lot of registrations on site.

Look forward to seeing everyone again, and meeting some new friends..........

Bump, Lewis did I make reservations with you for this event? Do I need to? I too have CRS syndrome. What else do I need to do? I plan on being there for the entire event. Where is the registration thread I can't find it?

Ok folks here is the anticipated schedule for Tail of the Dragon IV @ Vogel.

Fri. Aug 14..........

Tail of the Dragon Via The Cherohala Skyway......Depart Vogel 8:00 am

Lunch stop somewhere

Free concert in Brasstown, ride lead will be Royalstarjac, we will depart Vogel at 6:00 pm, concert is at 7:00 pm.

Just curious? If anybody is gonna follow in a cage, would they have an empty seat? Both my wife and handicapped son are coming with me and if possible I would like to bum a ride for one or the other of them.

Thanks!!!

Walter

My wife and I will likely be taking our mini van to the concert, as she is unable to ride, they would be more than welcome to ride with us.....

Just curious? If anybody is gonna follow in a cage, would they have an empty seat? Both my wife and handicapped son are coming with me and if possible I would like to bum a ride for one or the other of them.

Thanks!!!

Walter

My wife and I will likely be taking our mini van to the concert, as she is unable to ride, they would be more than welcome to ride with us.....

Thanks!!! More than lilely my son will be riding with me, but don't wanna leave the wife....

Looking forward to meeting all and putting faces and names with IDs... :thumbsup:

I have revised the schedule of events for Vogel IV.

If you go back to the first post of this thread you will find the revised schedule, I will also have printed copies available at the registration table when you check in.

when the ride leaving from here:draming:

Dragonrider is that Tellico plains Tn if so what eta . Might meet up there.

Yes, it is Tellico Plains, Tn., and we are meeting there at 9:30 to 10am....at the Exxon station.

See you there.......:thumbsup2:

Edited by Eck

We'll be meeting you guys in telico plains to ride the skyway. We are in pigeon forge now so it won't take us too long to get there. We'll head to blairsville at the end of the skyway. Don't feel comfortable pulling the trailer thru the dragon.

Is there only one exxon in telico plaines, don't wanna be at the wrong one.

We'll head to blairsville at the end of the skyway. Don't feel comfortable pulling the trailer thru the dragon.

I am not riding the dragon either since I have done it 7 times already. I was going to wait at the store at the south end of the dragon for those who do ride it so we can all ride back to Blairsville together.

Is there only one exxon in telico plaines, don't wanna be at the wrong one.

Yes, only one Exxon station in Telico Plains..and dont blink for you will miss the town.........

Hey Lewis,

In the p-email you sent me you said you will meet me at the Exxon station in Tellico Plains.

I went to Google maps, then typed in "Gas, Telico Plains, Tn" and there are three gas stations in Tellico plains and niether are an Exxon station.

I assume you mean we are meeting at the Cherohala Market at 440 Cherohala Skyway

Please let me know where:confused24:.

Here are the listings taken from Google Maps:

Cherohala Market Inc‎ - more info »

450 Cherohala Skwy, Tellico Plains, TN‎ - (423) 253-6200

Shorty's Market‎ - more info »

104 Rafter Rd, Tellico Plains, TN‎ - (423) 253-2225‎

Write a review

Valley Mart # 21‎ - more info »

141 Bank St, Tellico Plains, TN‎ - (423) 253-3303‎

and the one below is the same as the one above (Vally Mart...same address listed)

BP gas with Invigorate‎ - more info »

141 Bank St, Tellico Plains, TN‎

Thats the one, but I thought it was an Exxon......maybe it changed or I just plain forgot, but it is the big one on the right about 1/2 down after you turn off 68.

Eck from the picture it sure looks like an Exxon, but I cant read the signs, has the right colors............but that is the one.

Hey Lewis,

In the p-email you sent me you said you will meet me at the Exxon station in Tellico Plains.

I went to Google maps, then typed in "Gas, Telico Plains, Tn" and there are three gas stations in Tellico plains and niether are an Exxon station.

I assume you mean we are meeting at the Cherohala Market at 440 Cherohala Skyway

Please let me know where:confused24:.

Here are the listings taken from Google Maps:

Cherohala Market Inc‎ - more info »

450 Cherohala Skwy, Tellico Plains, TN‎ - (423) 253-6200

Shorty's Market‎ - more info »

104 Rafter Rd, Tellico Plains, TN‎ - (423) 253-2225‎

Write a review

Valley Mart # 21‎ - more info »

141 Bank St, Tellico Plains, TN‎ - (423) 253-3303‎

and the one below is the same as the one above (Vally Mart...same address listed)

BP gas with Invigorate‎ - more info »

141 Bank St, Tellico Plains, TN‎

I'm pretty sure that is the one. Mike and I ride that route a lot since it is in our backyard.. We will meet up with you all there also, but we're not riding the dragon either, we try and only ride it Mon. thru Thurs. early AM to avoid the crazies..... Mike has another route planned for us, not sure exactly what that is @ the moment but I'm sure he'll be happy to share it with you all when we meet up......We are looking forward to meeting everyone....

Safe Riding,

Denise