IGNORED

Just any FYI about Hopnel Tank Bibs.

pagenutt

Today I called and ordered a Hopnel Tank Bib, one place told me they no longer stocked

them. The next place told me they are no longer making them & could no longer get any.

I called another dealer, he called his outlet. None, no more coming. Same story!

I guess I waited too long. I called one more dealer and they did not have any. The guy called back and said they had 3 and thats it. The will no longer will be made. Can anyone shine more lite on this. Yes, I ordered one ASAP! Aprox $60 and shipping.

This just for anyone thinking about ordering from J C Whitney, they do have any nor will

they get any. If you want one,call around fast. They all wanted to sell me the Yamaha one for double the $$.

:sign brain fart:

I bought mine last year on ebay. The seller was Republic Cycle. The transaction went perfectly. They still have the tank bib listed for sale, check below, but if Hopnel is no longer making them it will be while supplies last. I really like mine. I keep my mp3 player, garage door opener and compass tucked in there. I mount the mp3 player to the velcro on the pouch when in use, push the bottom of the pouch to use the garage door opener button.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Royal-Star-VENTURE-HOPNEL-Tuxedo-Tie-TANK-Panel_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1205Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem2ea6a2121dQQitemZ200364134941QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Guest wimpie
Took rubber off, the bib is too long, sticks past front of tank almost an inch, will cut off extra and velcro it down, if this is the way they fit no wonder they aren't made anymore

Daryl

you are absolute right :D

it dont fit :8:

mine is a inch too long also and the gasopening is too small

(probely a bigger gasoline opening overhere in europ???)

try solving the problem by gluing some velcro to the tank

and hoping after drying its stays on and hold the bib in place on the front of the tank.

• 1 year later...
Today I called and ordered a Hopnel Tank Bib, one place told me they no longer stocked

them. The next place told me they are no longer making them & could no longer get any.

I called another dealer, he called his outlet. None, no more coming. Same story!

I guess I waited too long. I called one more dealer and they did not have any. The guy called back and said they had 3 and thats it. The will no longer will be made. Can anyone shine more lite on this. Yes, I ordered one ASAP! Aprox $60 and shipping.

This just for anyone thinking about ordering from J C Whitney, they do have any nor will

they get any. If you want one,call around fast. They all wanted to sell me the Yamaha one for double the $$.

Did you ever get one? Check here.

This is my Hopnell bra. I had my leatherman copy it and include the pouch. I have the original in my shop.

My Hopnel was too long also. They say in the instructions to trim the from and velcro it down, but the tank opening was waaaaay too small. I ended trimming the opening to fit then had to take it to a shoe repair to have it re-stitched. Not a quality piece in my opinion. Had problems with the one for my wifes Honda 750. I won't buy anymore Hopnel products.

Here is a link to a place near Jasper Ga. that makes tank bibs. A few years ago I went over to his place and he got the measurements for his pattern from my bike. His bibs have 2 pouches on them and are of great quality.

www.timberwolfleather.com

Good luck in your search.

Craig

I went there and it does not show any for RSV at any rate I hope you don't mind

If I fix your link Timberwolf