IGNORED

Turned down tips?

Is there a source for turned down tips for stock pipes?

When I pull my trailer and really get on the gas I can smell the exhaust fumes. I think it is because they "hit" the front part of my trailer's enclosure and get mixed up in the swirl. Wondering if turned down tips would help.

I've been pondering the same idea . I have a friend whom does exhaust , and I am about to switch to OEM RK pipes on the scoot . My idea is Stainless Steel exhaust tips used on cages . I will be measuring the OD of the RK pipes and comparing them to the ID of the Stainless Steel tips . f they are close enough , I might get a set and play with them . I will be working on the slash-cut , but I will see if he can get the turn-down tips . Just hope to see how the transaction will look like at the overlap .

Gene

Is there a source for turned down tips for stock pipes?

When I pull my trailer and really get on the gas I can smell the exhaust fumes. I think it is because they "hit" the front part of my trailer's enclosure and get mixed up in the swirl. Wondering if turned down tips would help.

Just a thought my friend who has a harley got turn downs put on his. This is what he did, I think the measurment is around 4 to 4 1\4" you can check at a truck (Semi) chrome shop and get a 4" turn out and have someone tac weld to the end of the muffler on the inside to where you cant see it. They carry differant sizes so you might find one with a snug fit to use. When I seen it when he got done it looked like a stock muffler. He has also done this to a Goldwing. Might be worth a shot.

Joe star4772 :080402gudl_prv:

There's no aftermarket turn downs... I've tried everything. I have the same problem with the MTC Voyager. The OEM exhaust blows against the back plate and reverbs back on the rider as do the fumes. I ended up getting 4 inch turn down tips from a Kenworth truck centre. I didn't weld them, I just put a self taping screw in them on the top under the bag where you see it. They're big but they fit.

I also discussed this with the Diamond R folks and hoped they'd market something but it didn't happen.

Another thing you can try is a set of Roadkrome turn down slip ons. They're $75 each from Motovan. At 24 1/2 inches long the tips end at the rear of the saddle bags. Out of the way, and blow on the road. They give a deep rumble sound. Cheap and impersonal.

IF you can find exhaust tips, I would suggest turn outs. That should push the exhaust outside of your slipstream. Down may only reflect the exhaust off the pavement and back up into the swirl.

And if you do find tips, let me know who, where and how much!

:checkeredflag::biker::usa:

I installed these and they look & sound great - a bit louder and deeper. 30 min install.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2006465/p-2006465/N-111+10211+600014672/c-10111

Yup, these are the RoadKrome I was refering to.. $75 and they sound really cool. Actually, they're cheaper up here... that's $75 CDN. The only drawback to this model is you can't repack them. They have another model where you can.