IGNORED

Help...fuel all over!

I just started my bike ('01 RSV) and gas started running all over the floor. I pulled the lower cowls off and it's coming from the tube (vent?) that ends at the top of the cowl. There's one on each side (the right one is spewing). It looks like these tubes come from a plate between the front carbs. I've only had the RSV a month, so I haven't ever torn into it yet; just trying to get a clue before I pull the tank/seat etc. Stuck float? Thanks!

Once ya get yer carb floats to re-settle slap some SeaFoam into the gas tank....then drive it like ya stole for a couple hunnert miles.

Boomer.......who's even warshing his jeans in SeaFoam now and it prevents MonkeyButt too..........:crackup:

Each carb bowl, has a drain. Find the drain screw ( opens drain valve ) and drain each carb one at a time, with fuel pump running. Float valve is sticking open, this is a common problem on these carbs.

Might be time for a new fuel filter also.

Best to put a dose of Sea Foam in fuel before you start the process.

Thanks George...I've dumped some SeaFoam into the tank, I'm assuming that the drains are the hex cap screws w/ the ports next to them. I suppose if I measure the gas as I drain the carbs, the one with the most gas in it is the bad boy. Thanks again.

George-as of tonight the fuel problem seems fixed. A can of SeaFoam in the tank and repeated draining of suspected bowl + some tapping and I think we're OK. I'll run the rest of the tank through tomorrow before my trip on Wed. Is one can (pint) to a tank too much? It's about double what the can says. THANKS!

Yes heavy dose for a start, but I advise keeping about 1/4 can per tank for several tanks of fuel. But most likley you got it fixed.

It would also be good idea to run tank down to reserve, or farther, then completly drain the tank. ( Add some HEET, before you drain that last gallon ) ( use it in the lawn mower ) At petcock. Now start over with all new fuel.

I ran it just enough this a.m. to warm it up and verify that the float was unstuck then did the oil/filter. Sure enough, thin and stunk like gas (actually measured the used oil and probably had about 1/2 pint of gas in it). I guess my crankcase has been flushed. Drained some more gas at the petcock and topped it off, so I should have a fairly "normal" seafoam/gas mix now.