IGNORED

OMG! 2001 RSV 290,000 miles

ken

I was scanning ebay motors, like I do everyday wishing I had some extra cash and came across a just listed 2001 RSV with a whopping 290,000 miles. The seller says it runs good. I wonder how many HD's could do this?

Sold my '89 240SX this spring with 398,800+ kilometers on it, (247,803 miles for my south of the border friends...) only thing done besides semi-regular oil changes, was the replacement for the tranny that ate the imput bearing. http://bestsmileys.com/doh/1.gif DOH!

That sounds like Big Tom's bike out of Florida. He had 200k on it at Star Days 2005 in St. Joseph MO. I thought his was a 1999 but I could be mistaken. I have 112k on my 2002 now, but I am not riding near what I used to. Age seems to make you want to take and air conditioned auto more than a naturely cooled two weeler. I still ride but summers keep me off the bike.

:farmer:

290K miles on an '01 is hard to beat. I thought my 95 Taurus SHO that had just broken 200K miles is on top. :cool18:
take a look at the sho taurus engine. it is made by yamaha. it looks almost identical to a v-max engine with two more cylinders. i always wanted to build a street drag bike with that motor. the only thing that stopped me was lack of a new motor and the complex drive train. now i have a four speed tranny and primary drive that we designed and built but no motor. wish you would'nt have reminded me now i'm getting the itch to do it. :depressed: :sign brain fart::2133:

Take a close look at the wording in the body of the ad. The 290,000 is a typo....it's actually 29K, which is 29,000.

He had this listed a few weeks back. Sounds like the winning bidder stiffed him.

Joe

hey joe, why don't you ride down this weekend. i'll buy your dinner at culpeppers. :rasberry: hey i'm serious. bill :2133:

hey joe, why don't you ride down this weekend. i'll buy your dinner at culpeppers. :rasberry: hey i'm serious. bill :2133:

I'd absolutely take you up on that, except mama has other plans for me. Honey-do list getting really long.

Why don't you ride up this way and I'll buy YOUR dinner at a fine local eatery!

Joe

Did anyone here buy the 2001 Venture? It sold about 4 hours before the end of the auction for the buy-it-now price of $6800, which is a good price if its in good shape with that mileage 29,000.

I bid on it, but was hesitant to pull the final trigger as email, and telephone calls inquiring about the bike went unanswered. And the numerous errors in the listing and story about seller being out of the country had me a bit put off.

Hopefully all is up and up, and someone gets a nice machine.