IGNORED

Install cd player or not?

frankc

I've had a Clarion CD player in the box for almost a year. I've heard good thinks and bad things about having a CD player in the trunk or side bag. It looks like a pain in the butt to install and i'm wondering if I should just do the I-pod thing throught the tape deck and be done with it. Does anyone use a CD player and if so is it worth the labor to install it?

I want to avoid tearing half the bike apart only to have this thing skip all the time. I'd rather sell it while its still in the box and wrapped up nice.

Thanks for your thoughts

Frank

Personally I would go with the IPOD. Guarantee of no skipping that way. Plus it will hold alot more music than a CD.

Plus, Plus, the CD player takes up needed storage space in the trunk or saddlebag. First mod I made when I got MyPalomino home was removing the CD player. I use my Sony Vaio MP3 (40GB) which holds more music than you can listen to on a trip around the world.

Jerry

Skipped too much for me as well and took up space in trunk. I uninstalled mine and went with sattelite radio. Now I have both satellite radio and MP3 palyer on my Zumo.

I have my CD changer free to a good home if anyone wants one.

CDs will soon be as obsolete as that cassette deck. Sell it before it's worthless.

It is worthless now! They are on sale everywhere. Yamaha saw the writing on the wall and to get rid of inventory they installed it on all 09 Ventures and added $750 to the price of the bike. Win-win, they get rid of inventory and you pay retail for the accessory.

:farmer: