Well, I've had my 1st interaction with PitBullMotorcycleLifts...

and all I can say it THEY'RE AWESOME!

I had purchased the turntable option for my new lift and then found that it won't work with my RSV. I am pleased to say they not only took a return for it, but THEY paid for shipping!

Sweet!

I'm still waiting for the adapters but they said it'd be a few days.

So why do you need an adapter if the jack works for you now on the RSV?

About a year and a half ago, PEPboys had a sale on theirs. It was less that $100.00... I got mine, and it worked great for my (then) bike (98 RSTD). It also works for my (now) bike (2000 RSV) pretty good.

Just keep an eye out, they have good deals in PEPBOYS and Harbour Freight, as well.

Just my $0.02 FYI!!!

About a year and a half ago, PEPboys had a sale on theirs. It was less that $100.00... I got mine, and it worked great for my (then) bike (98 RSTD). It also works for my (now) bike (2000 RSV) pretty good.

Just keep an eye out, they have good deals in PEPBOYS and Harbour Freight, as well.

Just my $0.02 FYI!!!

Harbor Freight, Craftsman and Pepboys all make inexpensive lifts, but they have no where near the stability of the Pitbull. I will have pics up soon, and maybe a video of me lifting my bike, and then getting up on the seat and jumping up and down....with no straps or tiedowns at all. For me, safety of me and the bike are much more important.

I am working on helping them perfect the turntable for the Venture, and I am also going to work on a discount for VR members.

Geesus, for that price tag I might as well buy myself a table top lift with all the bells and whistles.

I finally heard back from the Canadian distributor and come to find that the lift is $625 Canadian plus $200 shipping... that's an $825 lift for the bike.. wow. And we're prolly not even talking taxes yet..

Good thing the CDN $ is closer to PAR with the US $.. it might well be cheaper for me to pick one up in the US next time I happen to be down there..

So who else makes a solid jack for a reasonable price, that readily available in Canada?

(never mind Crappy Tire, their jacks have arms that are 1 inch too short for practical use)

Disappointed? wow

I bought a J&S a couple of years ago and it has been a very good jack. Just needs a couple of 1 1/2 inch blocks on the back arm and it lifts my Venture very well. It will roll around on the floor with the bike lifted and still seems stable with the rear tire, diff and drive shaft removed. I think it cost me 150 dollars to have it shipped by UPS.

I bought a J&S a couple of years ago and it has been a very good jack. Just needs a couple of 1 1/2 inch blocks on the back arm and it lifts my Venture very well. It will roll around on the floor with the bike lifted and still seems stable with the rear tire, diff and drive shaft removed. I think it cost me 150 dollars to have it shipped by UPS.

ugh.. UPS.. they taint everything they touch..

Thanks for the info though.. I'll see if I can pick one up next time I cage it to the usa..

These jacks are great and I've never had problems with it. Well made item and I highly recommend this for your Venture including Carbon One's jack adapter. As far as shipping is concerned, jacks are very heavy to begin with...it is just like shipping a good size generator/inverter, so shipping charge is premium.

Caging it to save on S&H is a good option.

• 2 weeks later...

I see the Pitbulls are $70 off right now, but only thru 03/31/10. Now if we could get a VR member discount on top of that, I'd go for it! Might still anyways...

Harbor Freight, Craftsman and Pepboys all make inexpensive lifts, but they have no where near the stability of the Pitbull. I will have pics up soon, and maybe a video of me lifting my bike, and then getting up on the seat and jumping up and down....with no straps or tiedowns at all. For me, safety of me and the bike are much more important.

I am working on helping them perfect the turntable for the Venture, and I am also going to work on a discount for VR members.

The list specifies the Venture, but probably just means the 2nd Gens. It also says:

Any motorcycle will work with no adapters as long as the motorcycle is able to rest on the lift arms of the jack without obstructions. For example exhaust or engine parts

1st Genners need not apply... lol

The Venture IS listed as NOT being compatable. But from what have seen here, as long as you have the Carbon One adapter (whcih I do) both jacks will work. Am I correct in this? I would like to maybe order either the J&S or the Pitbull.

If you decide to get the J&S jack, you will still need the Carbon One adapter. Either way is a plus plus situation, because you will have a very stable jack that will allow you to move the bike anywhere in the garage while on jacks + if you order the Carbon 1 with legs you can have double support underneathe your bike for peace of mind and added stability.

Hey Monty

Any update on the turntable for the pitbull lift?

Not yet. I have to make time to take my bike up there, and we are going to take a bunch of measurements, and go from there.

Got2mnytoys posted earlier, and said...

"I've had the pit-bull air operated lift for my venture for about 5 years now and also have the turntable. the adapter that slide on the lift arms can also be used on the turntable I use a screw to keep them from possibly slipping off."

Not yet. I have to make time to take my bike up there, and we are going to take a bunch of measurements, and go from there.

Got2mnytoys posted earlier, and said...

"I've had the pit-bull air operated lift for my venture for about 5 years now and also have the turntable. the adapter that slide on the lift arms can also be used on the turntable I use a screw to keep them from possibly slipping off."

If someone would stop playing with their new ride.. Might get something done:whistling: :happy34:

I already bought the harbor freight wannabe.. Do some add on support and adjustments it well be pretty good lift for $69.99:happy65: