IGNORED

Garmin zumo 550 problem

Mine works fine without an amp. As Midnight mentioned check the MP3 volume settings. You may have a cable problem somewhere. Can you test something else plugged into the aux port? Maybe an Ipod.

DT

Volume for mp3 is at 100% and when I just plug my mp3 player in aux it works just fine so I know cord is good . Is the gps out port stero or mono , both ends of my cord are stero.Also volume control for gps is at 100% . :think:

It is stereo.

Ok have not taken trip to some where yet to know if I'm getting prompts from gps telling me what to do.Not sure what you mean about if it's set on FM or audio output? How do I check that? Yes it is set to speaker and not the head set.

Ok guys thanks for everybodys help but silly me had not hooked up the power cord to the bracket yet and was just going off battery power:doh:.Now that the power cord is hooked up I got tunes:thumbsup:.Sometimes its so simple. Thanks for everybodys help.

Ok have not taken trip to some where yet to know if I'm getting prompts from gps telling me what to do.Not sure what you mean about if it's set on FM or audio output? How do I check that? Yes it is set to speaker and not the head set.

Glad to hear you got it fixed. It's the simple things that can be so darn hard to fix. At least you were honest enough to admit it. I'm betting most of us wouldn't and would have said it was FM (Freaking Magic) :smile5:

BTW the Zumo 550 doesn't have a FM output, it's output is the cord you plugged into the aux connector.

Some GPS's and XM/Sirius radios have built in FM transmitters built in to allow you to broadcast over a free FM channel on your radio.

Buddy you are the man:bowdown:the cable works great except for one minor problem I'm not sure how to fix ? When I get a phone call the person on the other end can hear me just fine but I can barley hear them . I have the volume turned all the way up and it dosen't help if I turn the intercom volume up :think:. Any suggestions on how to fix problem anybody?