IGNORED

Raising Passenger Floorboard on 2nd gen...

My wife has a short inseam and would be more comfortable with the flooboars raised. I searched and mostly found people looking to lower the boards.

Has anyone sucessfuly raised the stock passenger floorboards. I don't think I want to mount aftermarket boards such as the barons.

Baron's and DiamondR both make a passenger floorboard that raises, no one makes one that lowers the floorboard for the long legged passenger.

Barons has passenger floorboards that are raised. Diamond R has passenger highway pegs that are at a higher position than the stock floor boards.

I've had both on my bike and both are high quality products and worth the money as long as you want the foot position to be higher. (We need lower.)

The Barons also has the added ability to move the floorboard forward or backwards of stock by an inch or so.

My wife has a short inseam and would be more comfortable with the flooboars raised. I searched and mostly found people looking to lower the boards.

Has anyone sucessfuly raised the stock passenger floorboards. I don't think I want to mount aftermarket boards such as the barons.

You could duct tape a 4x4 to them:think: Hey I owe you a couple:rasberry: Craig

hi i have raised mine three ins. by using 3/16 thick metal. cut the u clamp off and placing a medal plate there weld on and weld u bracket on top . primer and paint with black high gloss . then clear it, i could send pics. if you like . find a black smith shop they do it for you reasonable. i might tade . my new wife is taller.

Make sure that if you fabricate something like that, make it bomb proof. Your asking an extention to hold the entire weight of your passenger upon getting on the bike. Thats not meant to be a smartassed statement, just keep in mind that the floorboard mountings are made to support LOTS of weight...just wanted to toss that out

:2cents:

yes i see . my wife is about 145 and never bend them for the last four years i had them on. you have to use a high grade steel and band saw the bracket off straight and though the weld. clean them up and mig back on, they work great for us. to cover weld use auto filler and smooth out