IGNORED

Nearly Ready to Ride

Aussie Annie

Thought I would show you a couple of pics of the RSV with the Wedgetail Outrider (Voyager) on now. Still have to come up with an idea to carry the elbow crutches and to alter the seat and floorboards, but after waiting so long, a bit more won't hurt. Will post pics of completed rig when done.

Thought I would show you a couple of pics of the RSV with the Wedgetail Outrider (Voyager) on now. Still have to come up with an idea to carry the elbow crutches

Old style military motorcycles had a scabbard, much like the cowboys in the old west (and probably Australia also), had on their horses. Seems like something like that would work. Actually as I think of it, the Iraqi army had some Kawasaki bikes set up for their scouts that had a plastic "bucket" for that purpose. Wish I had taken photos of it but I didn't.

Anyway it is a sweet looking ride. Hope you get many miles on it.

It's a leading link suspension. Moves centre of axle forward from factory forks, there is some rake angle change, thus making it easier to turn. Like having power steering :thumbsup2:

Recommended for sidecars, and I decided to leave it on for the outrider after talking to an engineer.

cheers

Annie

What kind of a front end set up is that? I see extra springs and brackets. What is the point of it?

Hi Taters,

She's mine, all mine!!:dancefool:Hard to remember that I used to ride "Big Blue" solo. Wouldn't get it off the side stand now :crying: (since accident) The bike seats will both by altered so that I can ride and pillion, if I want--as I can't get on any other bikle now because of the stiff leg.

She's a BEAUTY.....:clap2:

Annie, are you the driver of this lovely piece of machinery...or a passenger? :2143:

Annie fine looking bike . I also admire the incredible determination to stay on a bike no matter what. I love the leading link fork. I read about the company in England that makes them there when I was setting up my sidecar rig. My old XS1100 has a leading axle which is not quite as nice as your leading link but sure does help make the steering easier.

Also i just want to thank you for the prayers and good wishes sent to my Partner Rawhide. Its greatly appreciated.

I've been off site a lot recently and if you're new here let me send along my warmest welcomes to Venture Riders. As I'm sure you know well by now there are a lot of great people on site here. makes you glad to be a member

Oh , heres a suggestion for your crutches. They make rifle holders for ATV and that attach to saddles . I know Australia still has plenty of ranchers and herders that use horses. Tack shops or sporting catalogs may carry leather of plastic rifle holders that you might be able to adapt to carry your crutches. Hope its an idea that might work. Phil.

I'm gonna have to come down for a visit...will you take me for a ride??? ...errrr they do have ice cream in Australia....don't they.?..lol..enjoy the new ride...:fnd_(16):

That's a date, Big Tom. :thumbsup2: Lots of yummy ice cream shops, there's a great one in Fremantle, where you pick what you want to put in your ice cream YUM!:ICcry::essen_018::sign kewl:

I'm gonna have to come down for a visit...will you take me for a ride??? ...errrr they do have ice cream in Australia....don't they.?..lol..enjoy the new ride...:fnd_(16):

Annie...

You see what I'm up against here? We would be in AUSTRALIA ( a life long dream of both of ours)...and Big Tom is worried about the Ice Cream Shops...

What am I gonna do with him? :2143:

:bang head: :doh:

Annie...

You see what I'm up against here? We would be in AUSTRALIA ( a life long dream of both of ours)...and Big Tom is worried about the Ice Cream Shops...

What am I gonna do with him? :2143:

:bang head: :doh:

Taters,

Hoe about you leave him at the ice cream shop--and you come touring with me??:thumbsup2:

When he runs out of money he will holler for ya, I'm sure!!:crackup::crackup:

Thought I would show you a couple of pics of the RSV with the Wedgetail Outrider (Voyager) on now. Still have to come up with an idea to carry the elbow crutches and to alter the seat and floorboards, but after waiting so long, a bit more won't hurt. Will post pics of completed rig when done.

Great looking ride Annie.....:thumbsup2:

Depending on where you want your crutches to ride,you might be able to adapt a clamp that would be a quick release....Something along the lines of a van roof top clamp that holds a ladder in place....It would be more work then the scabbard or the plastic rifle holder..A good leather guy should be able to fix ya right up...

We have the technology,it can be done.:)

Great looking ride Annie.....:thumbsup2:

Depending on where you want your crutches to ride,you might be able to adapt a clamp that would be a quick release....Something along the lines of a van roof top clamp that holds a ladder in place....It would be more work then the scabbard or the plastic rifle holder..A good leather guy should be able to fix ya right up...

We have the technology,it can be done.:)

Thanks for the clamp idea-it's a good one :thumbsup2: Only thing is I don't think we can get them here?? Where would I possibly get a pic of one??:think: I am going to mount the holder/clamps between the panniers and the fenders (down low so that the lids will open)

Unfortunately the budget doesn't run to leather,:crying: maybe further down the track when finances are better? :bowdown: We are going to use PVC pipe (painted black) if we can't get any suitable clamps, and attach with brackets.

Thanks for the clamp idea-it's a good one :thumbsup2: Only thing is I don't think we can get them here?? Where would I possibly get a pic of one??:think: I am going to mount the holder/clamps between the panniers and the fenders (down low so that the lids will open)

Unfortunately the budget doesn't run to leather,:crying: maybe further down the track when finances are better? :bowdown: We are going to use PVC pipe (painted black) if we can't get any suitable clamps, and attach with brackets.

I came up with these.After I reviewed the big van rooftop ladder clamps,I don't think that they are feasible,even cut down..I was just thinking of trying to adapt that type of quick release clamp...

If you could send me a pic of where you want your crutches mounted on your bike,that would help alot in the design process....I have a couple of more idea's...:cool10::cool10:

I also included a pic of us....:yikes:

I came up with these.After I reviewed the big van rooftop ladder clamps,I don't think that they are feasible,even cut down..I was just thinking of trying to adapt that type of quick release clamp...

If you could send me a pic of where you want your crutches mounted on your bike,that would help alot in the design process....I have a couple of more idea's...:cool10::cool10:

I also included a pic of us....:yikes:

Stupid me forgot the photo's!:bang head: I've sent a PM with the measurements of the crutches to you and here (hopefully) are the pics

Thanks again for any help :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Have you ever heard of a rubber clamp called "Quick Fist" If you can't get them there let me know, I am a dealer for them and can spare a set for you,"because I said I can". Just let me know.

http://www.endroad.com/page/page/711712.htm

:dancefool::dancefool::sign woo hoo::You_Rock_Emoticon::dancefool::dancefool: YES!!!!!

They look like the "Duck's Nuts" to me (translation: what I need)

Now I have to wait all day for Alan to get home!! Want the "mechanic" to confirm that they will work. I'm sooooo excited

You guys rock! :You_Rock_Emoticon::wow::You_Rock_Emoticon: