IGNORED

replaced wrecked 87 Venture

davepa

Having totaled my 87 VR on 6-27-08 I am back in the saddle!

Sent these pics to Earl (Skydoc_17) as I promised he would be the first to see what bike I ended up buying. Earl helped me go over my VR and record all the damage from the crash and shot some photos to go along with "our" damage report.

I posted on the forum some of the events of the crash, insurance adjuster, etc. so here is the conclusion of the story..

It was not an easy picking another bike, and I looked at many new ,used, and manufactures.

So here it is...

http://s650.photobucket.com/albums/uu222/Davepa5/?action=view&current=harley101.jpg&evt=user_media_share

Regards Dave PS...can I still come to the Skid In ??

That is one great looking bike. It sure looks like your insurance company did you well.

Earl H

:thumbsup2:

The insurance company had a small part, but I worked a lot of overtime through the winter to help fund a new purchase.

Hey Dave,

Boy am I glad to see ya' "back in the saddle again"! Even though I saw the pics once before, I can't get over how nice that scoot looks! It sure would be nice to see ya' at the Skid-In. Maybe we could ride over together.

Glad to have you back!!!:clap2:

Earl

Does it have ABS????????

ABS not available with the color I chose- red hot sunglo- too late in the model year to find one. Even though the Ultra came off the assembly line 2 weeks ago.

My 87 VR would have run rings around the Ultra, VR smoother, the handleing of the 09 HD is very impressive compared to earlier models. Still not a peg scraper like the 87 Yamaha but handles very well. The 6th gear is great on the highway!

Was looking for a RSV but the 09 offered NO changes.

Tried a 09 Wing--my inseam is too long

Kawasaki Voyager still not available in my area to test drive

So I rode the Ultra, fit was excellent, all the new changes were positive, and Denise liked the passenger back rest and the fact she could control the radio station from the rear.

To top it off I am pleased with my purchase ! 600 miles on the odometer now, made a loop sunday passed through Pa., Md., and Wv feels good to smile again

PS: Yes please pick up any parts that I might leave behind, drop me a e-mail , I will give you shipping instructions for priority mail flate rate box to my address..:mo money:I will refund your shipping fees via PayPal... Now Let's Ride :D

Regards Dave

Edited by davepa

Hey Dave,

Boy am I glad to see ya' "back in the saddle again"! Even though I saw the pics once before, I can't get over how nice that scoot looks! It sure would be nice to see ya' at the Skid-In. Maybe we could ride over together.

Glad to have you back!!!:clap2:

Earl

Not sure I can get the days off from work, the railroad is crazy busy right now. Might try to ride up one afternoon if the boss will give me half a day off. I'll let you know if I can make it.

Guest seuadr
Not sure I can get the days off from work, the railroad is crazy busy right now. Might try to ride up one afternoon if the boss will give me half a day off. I'll let you know if I can make it.

you need to get some of those adapters they use to run the rails in trucks for your bike :D

then you have a legitimate excuse! :banana: