I've got a couple of buttons on my radio not working. I pulled the radio apart, the switches look pretty crusty. I'd like to replace the switches, does anyone out there have a part number for new switches??? Or somewhere to get switches???

I promise to take pics of the operation!!

Thanks!!

Bill W. :happy34:

I had a friend give me a board from a vcr that has them on and I also ordered some from chine of ebay. I fixed my radio and have a few extras. How many are you looking for. I might just be able to hook you up. Jerry

It's a real common 1/4" square, momentary, through hole, switch... the only variations are on the height of the push "shaft" and they ALL must be the same height, just trim down a new one if it's too "tall" or on reassembly you'll find the housing holding that button DOWN...

I had a friend give me a board from a vcr that has them on and I also ordered some from chine of ebay. I fixed my radio and have a few extras. How many are you looking for. I might just be able to hook you up. Jerry

Hey Jerry could i hit you up for two of those buttons ? I lost a gray and a black one. collor doesn't matter as long as they work. Gladly pay what you think they're worth. Phil.

• 4 months later...

IT's been working fine with the original cloth (or whatever)cover gone, even in a heavy rain, but I've often thought I should glue something over the hole. Any ideas guys and ladies?

Thanks!

Yep, I DO love to ride in any direction, too! :Venture::motorcycle::7_6_3[1]:

Jack Tharp

Fort Collins, CO

aka

DePreach: weddings preferrably bikers, outdoors; funerals as needed; and NOT A FUNDI; just well centered in the faith! JZ

I took my radio apart on my 88VR to see if I could get the radio memory and station preset buttons to work. Couldn't see how to clean them with contact cleaner, as the station preset buttons seemed to be sealed switches. I wonder if my basis problem is most likely with the memory switch itself. I also wonder if the problem might be solder joints? Any info or suggestions?

As these switches are rather sealed, you would have to spray around the plunger shaft and work it... but it's almost easier to just replace them. You can use an Ohm meter and see which ones don't show a short when depressed... and replace those. Most TV and radio repair shops will have handfulls of these switches, again, you want to match the plunger height.