IGNORED

1st gen - about to be mine!

Guest seuadr

Guest seuadr

well, went and looked at my soon to be venture royale today! here's a couple pics.(click to zoom)

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh131/seuadr/P1030454_800x600.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh131/seuadr/P1030456_800x600.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh131/seuadr/P1030457_800x600.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh131/seuadr/P1030458_800x600.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh131/seuadr/P1030455_800x600.jpg

even the puppy likes it!

I'm not sure of the year, stupid me didn't look at the title. it's been garaged in a heated climate controlled garage approx 2000-2001 sometime. A friend of mine bought it, rode it for three months, parked it for the winter, and it's sat there ever since.

Wonderful luck it was a climate controlled garage, though! he fogged the tank and carbs after draining them.. we put some gas in it and a brand new battery and volia, started and revved just fine. now, i know that the brakes need rebuilding, and the right hand cover has some broken tabs to fix, the hydrolic clutch master and slave i am sure should be drained and cleaned and/or rebuilt, as well as the tires replaced. I didn't test ride it, so i'm not sure how it'll do on the road, might have to clean up the carbs, might get lucky with some seafoam since he fogged them, who knows.

seems to be an 86 if i am understanding the colour chart here on the website right?

anyone confirm? looks just like the pic of the first series, but clearly says 1300 on the cases.

It did blink a warning light a few times on accessories, but i've been reading about those issues and am pretty confident i can fix them.

radio, air suspension, and all the dash, all the lights and accessores i tested worked great, except a rear turnsignal.

i'm pretty stoked, its gonna come home to me as soon as i get my tax credit for the house ( should be any day now, but it is moving at the speed of goverment.

best part, i got it out the door for 1200, and that includes 2 1/2 hours one way drive delivery!:happy34:

Edited by seuadr

Looks like a good start on a new 2 you bike. The color looks familiar somehow? Oh yeah! Same as mine. Looks to be an '86 so you are past the 2nd gear and frame problems.

So you'll be enjoying it soon enough. Most the stuff you listed is easy to repair and the guys around here are always on top of questions asked. I put my '84 back into top condition from advice, info and parts from the club members.

Now you want a list to things your are going to change, upgrade or add or do you want to figure that out for yourself? LOL! Don't worry there will be plenty of suggestion as you go along. And the location of the nearest DQ will be readily available at any time.

But I'll say this......check out the tires for their age and get a feel for the front springs in the forks. The stock springs are junk and easy to change over to the Progressives. If the bike has been sitting around for a long time the tires maybe older than you want to trust. The Venoms X's are a popular tire on the 1st Gens.

But enjoy and ride safe.

Mike

The forks look to be 86 or 87. Rottdoglover has a blond 87 which isn't supposed to happen.....

I never saw a handle like that on the trunk before. You'll want to grease that to keep hitchhikers off.:innocent:

Nice looking bike.

Guest seuadr

thanks guys!

definitally going to replace the tires, wether they seem to need it or not.

i'm a huge fan of avons, i've had a couple sets of roadriders on my GS and they are just great feeling/wearing tires for the price!

the grab bar there on the back the PO installed himself, i dunno if that is an aftermarket bar of off something else. apperantly he just really liked the idea of them.

the plastic looked to be a pretty simple fix, and he's got all he peecie parts just need to find a solid way to put'em back together. i thought about mebby trying to plastiweld it or possibly some short strand firebglass.

Guest seuadr
Hey Jared,

Nice bike you have there, by the way it's a 1987 and if you need the gas tank door, I have one in that gold color. Get her home, get her cleaned up, and if you need that door, PM me.

Earl

thanks man!

he actually has it, but the plastic tab it mounts to broke at some point. i'm sure i can fab something up that will work, especially if it's hidden, it won't have to be overly pretty. I will definitally keep that in mind, though. I didn't look overly close to the door, it could be damaged as well.

the grab bar there on the back the PO installed himself, i dunno if that is an aftermarket bar of off something else. apperantly he just really liked the idea of them.

I like it. Just wouldn't want anyone grabbing on to it.

by the way it's a 1987

How'd you identify that:think:

thanks man!

he actually has it, but the plastic tab it mounts to broke at some point. i'm sure i can fab something up that will work, especially if it's hidden, it won't have to be overly pretty. I will definitally keep that in mind, though. I didn't look overly close to the door, it could be damaged as well.

Devcron- Plastic Weld at wally world is pretty good stuff.

Guest seuadr
nice ride and price. is that a light on the bar on the trunk?

it's actually a big latch.

Man what a bargain you got. Yup she looks like an 87 all right. I have seen one like that somewhere too...oh yeah.. my garage.

i thought so too. thankfully it's a good friend. he started talking about blue book value and my heart sank, i only have 1500 to offer, thinking it's in alot worse shape than it is..

so i start to explain i don't wanna insult him with a number, but 1500 is what i've got and he says " nope, no way, not taking 1500 for it. " my heart drops, i've already fallen in love with the girl.

he smiles, looks at me and says, i figure, the tires will cost about 300, so i won't take a penny more than 1200 for it.

:D :D :D

Hey Micarl,

There were three colors offered in 1987, the Venture Standard was Urishi Black (I have only seen 1 of these bikes). The Royal was offered in Alluviant Gold, and Elegant Brown. I have the Elegant Brown one.

I hope this clears this up,

Earl