IGNORED

Towed a trailer for the first time!

I put together my little Harbor Freight trailer a few days ago. Got everything working and hooked up and went for a 150 miles ride yesterday to check everything out and to get used to towing. I didn't load it with anything. I'll wait to do that another day.

not a whole lot of difference once under way. A little more clutch was needed to start out and braking seemed normal although I kept longer distances between me and others.

best part really was all the strange looks I got. Nobody here (that I've seen) tows a trailer with their motorcycle. Passed a group of riders. Thought some of them were gonna break their necks looking back! :D

You should put a wheel chock on it and load a bike up on the trailer and pull it around town.

Actually one of the things I'll be pulling with it is my son's Honda CR85. :D

I have 3 configurations I'm doing.

One is removable stakes with railings for an open utility. This is to carry the products I sell from the airport to my office.

Another is an enclosure that can be removed to do the same & do Costco runs and whatnot but with weather tightness. I can't use a car top carrier as it is short by about 3 inches plus nobody sells them here. (See Skid's post) I'm still contemplating how to do this and keep the weight down.

The last will be the chock and rail for my son's dirt bike so I can take him to the races each month. :)

I also plan on towing this with my Mazda 5, too.

For practice the first time pulling a trailer, I loaded a couple of bags of rock salt. It's heavy, stable, easily removable, cheap, and if it causes any difficulty, easy to dispose of. Sandbags would work too.

I was pleasently surprised how well the RSV pulled a loaded trailer. Now my bride can pack all her stuff when we go on a trip.

RR