IGNORED

Update on Mary

Joopster55

For those of you that were at Marcarl's Venture In, on Saturday, May 23/09, here's an update on Mary's condition after her fall with my bike.

There is no bruising, but there is some swelling. She is feeling much better, thanks to Marca's "Tender Loving Care". She is only taking regular Advil for the pain, and is putting on ice packs. She is moving around unaided on her own. She had a good sleep last night and is now resting comfortable on the couch watching TV.

Thank goodness it is only a pulled hamstring on her right leg, it could've been worse.

A very special thank you to Marca and Carl, Sonny, Wayne, Robin,and everyone else that were there to help yesterday with her mishap.

It just goes to show you what a great, big, loving, caring "FAMILY" that Venturerider.org members really are.

From Mary and I, a great big "THANK YOU" to all.

Jopie...

Mary loks like a very hapy camper in the picture!! Glad she is on the mend and I'm sure she will be up and at it in no time!!

Bob, Mary is looking forward to MD at Freebird's. She was so very dissappointed that she couldn't go on the ride yesterday.

Guest Swifty

...that's ok Mary, I'd have done a lot worse to myself to get out of having to ride with the Joopster. :starz: :rasberry:

Hope you get well soon....on Carl's ride I was only able to give him advice on how to handle that fancy new trailer up to 130kph. You can work with him on speeds above 130kph on the way to Don's.

Marca was asking about you this afternoon, and I was going to call to see how you were, then we decided maybe to ride over and see first hand, but then sometimers set in, and I did the couch thing as well. Sure glad you posted, Jopie, now I can go to bed more relaxed.

God Bless, and looking forward to the 5th & 6th already.

Carl

Guest JGorom

Thanks for the update Joopster...my wife asked me this evening so I came online to do some checking. Asked the question at the event thread, then I came across your post.

Tell Mary Alice and I were wondering how she was...and lil Miss Pickles also says hello and wishes her a speedy recovery.

PS If this happen's a Don's...then I guess Swifty was right about getting out of riding with ya! :happy65:

Best regards,

James & Alice Gorom

Bob, Mary is looking forward to MD at Freebird's. She was so very dissappointed that she couldn't go on the ride yesterday.

Great to hear that she's feeling better and I hope she has a speedy recovery. See you both at MD!

Just a little update on Mary...

Welllll.............she went to school today. There is a great big bruise about the size of a XXL half helmut on the back of her leg. Still has some pain, but she says it is bearable. So she is coming around slowly.

Thank you all for your concerns and well wishes. It is greatly appreciated.

Mary sends her love to all...

Jopie...

• 3 weeks later...

Welllllll............. Mary got back on the bike yesterday. No hesitation. Bravely, but carefully, with my help and guidance, she got back on. And off we went, to Wasaga Beach and back, 485 Kms round trip. Had a few stops along the way. Her butt and leg held up, never heard her complain. She really enjoyed the trip. We had 22 bikes in all, even Greener briefly joined us. We had a great time.

Bikinis are out already on the beaches of Wasaga Beach.:thumbsup:

Welllllll............. Mary got back on the bike yesterday. No hesitation. Bravely, but carefully, with my help and guidance, she got back on. And off we went, to Wasaga Beach and back, 485 Kms round trip. Had a few stops along the way. Her butt and leg held up, never heard her complain. She really enjoyed the trip. We had 22 bikes in all, even Greener briefly joined us. We had a great time.

Bikinis are out already on the beaches of Wasaga Beach.:thumbsup:

Now that is good news, I'll tell Marca if I can remember that long enough to when I get in the house. Ride well Mary, and Jopie,, look after her eh!!???!!!