IGNORED

Kentucky VR Weekend mini Rally

Midrsv

Our VR weekend in Central KY is finally here and we've gotten off to a very good start. :banana::banana: After the out of town folks arrived a relaxed a bit we met for dinner at a local BBQ spot and I believe everyone was well fed. It was nice to meet some new VR members, Bill & Marilyn, Joe & Donna, Kevin & Sue, Lynn & Janice, John & Teresa, Bob & Tina, and Dan. Now I won't take credit for remembering all of those names. That credit goes to my wife Valerie.

Tomorrw we plan to meet around 8:30 for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel at I-75 exit 110 followed by a 125 mile ride through central KY. Everyone is welcome to join us. We should leave the Cracker Barrel around 9:30.

I've attached a few photos from dinner tonight. More to follow tomorrow.

It's going to be a great weekend.

Dennis

Oh what a great day in KY. We met our new VR friends this morning for breakfast and a great ride through Central KY. We basically rode a circle around Lexington/Fayette County. We had 4 river crossings, one by ferry. Rode through come beautiful horse farm country and had a nice lunch in Harrodsburg followed by dinner in Midway. Attached are few photos that I got today and I am sure others got many more.

Hope the weather holds out for another great day tomorrow.

Dennis

Looks like a great day of riding. I missed getting to ride up with KYrider, wife had to work. Would you tell them I have already seen pictures, he won't have to tell me a thing about the ride. You all have a nice day tomorrow and a safe trip home. Tell Bill and Marilyn HI from Sedalia .

I thoroughly enjoyed the fellowship with my new friends, and am terribly sorry about not being able to make Sundays ride as planned. I especially am upset about not being able to lead the group through Red River Gorge, but there was a death in the family that we learned of Friday night after returning from the M&E, and family matters take precedence. Tina and I look forward to seeing all again.

Well, we are back from our excursion through the Red River Gorge. What an awesome ride! You folks in KY just don't realize how great you have it....the flatlands of Indiana sure don't compare to this.

We are back in the motel for a short rest, then off to dinner at a pizza place downtown Lexington. It is in a converted Jewish Synagogue...some of you will probably know what I'm talking about.

I'll tell you, Dennis and Valerie Traynor (MidRsv) are the World's Greatest Hosts! What a wonderful weekend they have made this, and all without asking anything in return. We have made some great friends, ridden some awesome roads, ate at some really nice places.....and to top it all off, Dennis presented each of us this morning with an 8.5" x 11" color collage of pictures of yesterdays events. What a special keepsake of this weekend. Two of the couples who came down with us are not VR members, have never read this board. They have been treated like kings and queens, and feel accepted by everyone.

Bob, don't feel bad about not being able to be with us today. You are right, family always comes first. We still appreciate the work you put into today's route.

Thanks again to everyone!

PS....camera batteries are almost gone, won't be able to get my shots loaded until we get home tomorrow afternoon. Also got some video clips of some of the great roads, will try to get them posted too.

Joe

Another great day in KY. We were fortunate that the 50% to 60% rain in the forecast didn't show up. We had a few sprinkles today but it was nothing to worry about. We had a very nice ride through the Red River Gorge area (http://www.redrivergorge.com/). We found a nice Hostel that served lunch which was excellent. We returned to Lexington around 4:30 and after everyone rested a bit we headed to Joe Bologna'a for dinner where we couldn't get in. So, our backup plan was to go to Cheapside Bar and Grill which turned out to be a good backup.

It has truly been our pleasure to assist with the weekend. It kept me from doing yard chores. I've feel I've met some great new friends and they are welcome here anytime. Thanks to Joe for gathering up his Indiana friends to make this happen. Let's do it again soon.

Attached are a few more photos.

Dennis

What a great weekend! We just got back at 6:15pm. Put on about 1050 miles this weekend. Made some great new friends. Rode some fantastic backroads around Lexington KY. Thanks to Freezyrider for coming up with this, Midrsv for showing us around the area and making sure we were well fed, Bob Myers, KY Rider and all the others who came along and made us feel at home. Freezyrider has some great friends who came along, John and Teresa and Lynn and Janice. We all had a great time. I'll put some pics up later or tomorrow.

I cannot say enough good things about the weekend we had on this ride. Dennis and Valerie were great host with a well arranged schedule of riding and eating. We met such wonderful people that are now considered life long friends. The group from Indiana was a joy to ride with and socialize with. What great folks they are. We also met others from the Lexington area that made our trip more special. The riding was fantastic through the horse farm area and Red River Gorge area. We were saddened to hear of John and Teresa's accident but am thankful it wasn't worse than it was although anytime you go down on a motorcycle it is not good. They are special people for sure and our continued prayers go out for them.

Now to the key. Two and a half hours away from home I lost my key at a rest stop. I have no idea how or where. Luckly I had an extra hidden away on the bike, of course never thinking I might realy ever need it. It was a weekend saver for us. Now I will never travel again without a spare key AND I will always keep my key on a key chain. Now for the "gooder" news. We stopped at the rest stop on our return trip and some one had found the key and turned it in. My utmost respect and gratitude to this unkown person.

Bill

Here's a link to the motherlode......Donna took a lot of pictures, there were too many to post directly to the forum. Hope you enjoy them!

http://picasaweb.google.com/wingriders/LexingtonRideMay2009?authkey=Gv1sRgCNPKlruh_e_gSA#

That pretty much covers the weekend. Thanks for posting.

We need to make this an annual event!

Dennis

That pretty much covers the weekend. Thanks for posting.

We need to make this an annual event!

Dennis

LOL, Donna and I just said the same thing while we were eating our dinner tonight!

Great minds think alike, Dennis.

Are you sure you can put up with us every year? :)

Joe

LOL, Donna and I just said the same thing while we were eating our dinner tonight!

Great minds think alike, Dennis.

Are you sure you can put up with us every year? :)

Joe

I can handle it and after everyone sees the photos we'll probably have a crowd, which is fine with me.

Dennis

Great pictures you all. I was glad to be invited and would try come along next time if able. This time I already had made our annual ride plans to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Myself and a good friend of mine have been riding to the mountains every year now for about 4-5 yrs. My brother went along this time. We had a great ride, around 1,090 miles all together. We also had great weather. I will post pictures ASAP (I hope mine turn out half as good as yours). So glad everyone on your ride had such a good time and all made it home safe.

James

Here's a link to the motherlode......Donna took a lot of pictures, there were too many to post directly to the forum. Hope you enjoy them!

http://picasaweb.google.com/wingriders/LexingtonRideMay2009?authkey=Gv1sRgCNPKlruh_e_gSA#