IGNORED

Traded the Venture

mechanicjesus

I have an 07 RSV and an 03 H/D Ultra Classic and found the Harley to be more nimble around town but a little short on leg room. The 09 Harleys have a longer wheelbase and should have more leg room, though I haven't ridden one yet. I love them both but if I only could have one? It would be a close call, particularly with the changes to the 09 Harley.

Nice looking bike. The Harley bashing should be taken with a grain of salt, after all this site is named Venturerider. Kind of like the 1st, 2nd gen constant battle. I wondered where you went MechanicJesus. Thought you had risen, now I know you have, on a Harley Davidson. But, being a Japanese biker myself I don't know if owning a Harley is upraising or not. "MechanicJesus", best name on the site.:thumbsup2: :D

What is going on here 29 posts and not a single Harley bash and you Yammer just cuss its BLUE your letting him off. What happend to all the hard core Harley bashing Venture riders I grew to be so proud of on this site. Just cuss its a version 2 wannna be is no excuse. We must maintain our resolve. We must crtisize. we mus----- Ahh what the heck it is i nice looking bike and it is still a bike and :ice_congrats-vi6886on your new ride:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

getting a few miles on the Ultra thought I would point out the differences that stand out so far.

speedo is less than 2 mph off at 75.

bike is much quieter on the highway.

elctronic throttle means cruise engages instantly and does not need to roll the grip.

wind protection is better.

low speed handling is way better

high speed cornering is better.

CD player that plays MP3 discs and much better stereo

much better headlight at night

all the lights on the tour pac make it a lot easier to see

adjustable lowers with glove boxes in them

as you can see so far I am very pleased with the new bike.

fuel mileage so far as been the same as the venture.

congrats on the new bike!!!!!!!:301: but can't get on board with the abs, waste of time waste of money on most cars and all bikes just something else to go wrong at the wrong time. I've driven all kinds of cars with abs and feel (see) no difference with and without now I've never riden a bike with, wouild if one was offered. I will say it, abs on motercycles are for those that lack skill or confidence in their riding ability. if your a rear brake only then get abs (it'll save your life) if you use both each and every time abs are a waste of time and money

I ain't gonna bash HD but I will the factory. I have a harley in addition to my RSV. I called my local harley stealer this morning to buy an oil filter and the kid at the parts counter said thats it's obsolete?????????? WT?????????????Obsolete? I said, its a harley, you ain't got an oil filter for it? Kid says, nope, you'll have to go aftermarket. I said you don't make parts for what ya sell???????????????? and wonder why us older folks say FTF............... hell, my bikes older than the kid answering the phone selling parts(read that as designer toliet seats, ceiling fans, cat collars and a beautiful dog dish) but don't have parts for an 81 FLHS.............................. go figure....... ok, off the box.............. anyways, nice scoot, its being in the wind that counts, enjoy the new ride!