IGNORED

saddle bag quick release

ventureblue

I just ordered a set of the saddle bag quick release Bolts. Man that was fast delivery, and they came by the U.S. postal service. They only took 3 or 4 days from time of order to delivery. Exellent service.

I'm not sure who on here is selling them and when i went back they were all gone but the sellers name on E-bay was hilliss. I did a google search for the saddle bag quick release.

Edited by ventureblue

I also have Hillis's quick release bolts and man what a dream they are. What used to take 15-20 minutes has become 3-4 minute task and that sipping on a fine beverage. He's also fantastic to work with and HONEST. Can't ask for a better seller then that. God Bless. Mike

I went to true value and got hex head bolts the same size as stock. Now I just use my socket and they are much easier to get on and off.

...or get a set of metric allen head sockets and use the ratchet on the stock bolts. On the air-ratchet it takes 2 seconds with the press of a lever to remove each bolt. Plus the air-ratchet really comes in handy working on the RSV. It's probably the most-used tool in my garage.

http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:VbGjNYjrNgNJbM:http://rocky.digikey.com/weblib/Wiha/Web%20Photos/mfg76395.jpg http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/tylertool_2047_8227389

You all are missing the point.....NO TOOLS REQUIRED..I can wash my bike and take the bags off with "NO TOOLS REQUIRED" say it with me..."NO..... TOOLS.... REQUIRED":cool10:

I can't find anything anywhere on ebay for these... got a link? or more info on these "no tools required" things?

You all are missing the point.....NO TOOLS REQUIRED..I can wash my bike and take the bags off with "NO TOOLS REQUIRED" say it with me..."NO..... TOOLS.... REQUIRED":cool10:

I understand your point, however I --and a few others-- was simply sharing the way I take the bags off of my RSV. As I have never had the need to remove the bags when I was not in my garage, I don't have the need to purchase replacement "no tools" bolts. The air ratchet is always there and only takes a few seconds. My preference is to use the money for some "safety chrome." As my grandmother used to say, "That's why they make chocolate and vanilla."

one of the main points of the quick-release knob head bolts is the original bolts are soft and after you take them off with whatever tool you use they will stripout and you have to purchase new bolts. With the QR this will not happen. Just my $0.05 (inflation) worth.

one of the main points of the quick-release knob head bolts is the original bolts are soft and after you take them off with whatever tool you use they will stripout and you have to purchase new bolts. With the QR this will not happen. Just my $0.05 (inflation) worth.

Since I bought my scoot last Nov, I've had my bags (saddle bags that is :D) off at least 6 times...no sign of thread stripping that I could see yet. ;-)

Also, bolts such as those are designed to strip/wear out/ etc (softer metal) than the "nut" they thread into so that they wear out and not the "nut"... imagine having to replace the nut because it was stripped!

Well I just ordered two sets of each from Rick. I lost both seat ones on the midnight...they are somewhere sitting between the jugs unless they fell out of there sometime last year!

The saddle bag ones....just because I think its a cool idea.

I just ordered a set of the saddle bag quick release Bolts. Man that was fast delivery, and they came by the U.S. postal service. They only took 3 or 4 days from time of order to delivery. Exellent service.

I'm not sure who on here is selling them and when i went back they were all gone but the sellers name on E-bay was hilliss. I did a google search for the saddle bag quick release.

That's our friend Mark down here in Kentucky great guy, great service. Makes a nice light bar also!

http://r-markventures.blogspot.com/

This is exactly why I made my own "QR" bolts. I tightened them a little too much, and one stripped when I tried to remove it. V7Goose cut a notch into it so that we could use a screw driver when I replaced my tire.

I made them using the T-head rather than the knob. I think they are less obtrusive, and if the day comes when I need to use pliers, I can. The downside of making your own, of course, is that you have to buy 200 bolts when you really only need 8.:doh:

Dave

That's our friend Mark down here in Kentucky great guy, great service. Makes a nice light bar also!

http://r-markventures.blogspot.com/

I saw the light bar. That might be my next purchase. Do you have it on yourn? I'm just wondering how difficult it will be to wire into the elctrical system, and do the blink with the turn sig's or brake light only?

(side note)

I dont care how many tools it take to install them as long as i dont need any to operate it.:rotf::rotf::rotfl:

Nice to see the notes - I really appreciate it. The Quick Fasteners that we have sold now for well over a year, and used ourselves for longer than that, hold up great. We also guarantee them for as long as you own your bike - no questions.

Yes, you can make these yourselves... yes, you can use other bolts... just a personal preference. To each his/her own.

I take my bags off quite often for cleaning... so I hated the allen head bolts.

We are in the final stages of a center stand, and hope to have it priced well under $200 (no, no chrome - I dont want chrome underneath my bike... - but a black powder coat, and better spring mechanism than I have found on other stands).

Mark Hillis