IGNORED

New to Venture (and site)

ablumny

Thanks guys. I pulled the trigger on the 03. After scouring eBay, Craigslist, local listings, I believe I got a fair deal and I liked the 2nd gen, Midnight Venture.

Awesome!!! now, you know the RULES .... pics, pics, pics (when U get it)

With a rainy weekend forecasted, I decided to pick up the bike tonight....unfortunately the rain CAME EARLY and my maiden ride home, about 40 minutes was in a downpour!!

Still the bike was great adn Im sure better when its dry! :)

Looks like this bike has that clutch squeal issue; pop it in neutral and coast, no noise; back in gear and its got this high pitch chirping/squealing noise. I'll dive into it at some point.

Thx everyone.

I think you did good, as for price I seen one here at the Yamaha dealer last year. 03 Midnight with 35,000mi for $14,500, which I think was too much since it had nothing extra added, plus it had no history either on maintenance.....

Buddy

I think you did good, as for price I seen one here at the Yamaha dealer last year. 03 Midnight with 35,000mi for $14,500, which I think was too much since it had nothing extra added, plus it had no history either on maintenance.....

Buddy

Yep. Thanks. Appreciate that and everyones feedback. I think the deal was good. THe bike only has 4600 miles on it and was locally serviced by the dealer. Additionally he tossed in a battery charger, yamaha cover, additional tank bib, intercom set, Shoei helmet (in the right size!) and left this XM setup on.... Im happy :)

Edited by ablumny

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilvrT viewpost.gif

Oh, I forgot... welcome to this site and I/we hope to see you "venture" on a Venture.

ps. ... the Midnight ones are the FASTEST! :witch_brew:

And the best looking:stickpoke:

Scott2

Now just hang on a cotton pickin minute here! I haven't even got my silver one yet..... and I already KNOW it is the best lookin and the fastest. At least that is what I told my better half.:innocent-emoticon:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilvrT viewpost.gif

Oh, I forgot... welcome to this site and I/we hope to see you "venture" on a Venture.

ps. ... the Midnight ones are the FASTEST! :witch_brew:

And the best looking:stickpoke:

Scott2

Now just hang on a cotton pickin minute here! I haven't even got my silver one yet..... and I already KNOW it is the best lookin and the fastest. At least that is what I told my better half.:innocent-emoticon:

anyone can talk the talk but ifn you ain't got that scoot yet, you can't walk the walk!

:rasberry: :rasberry: :rasberry: :rasberry:

btw, how did you make out?? did you do the deal?

Clearly some good deals out there. No matter, mine is in the garage and so far I like it big time. I worked on it all day adding my "stuff". My biggest problem is I can not get that #$%&* chrome piece back on the fairing AND now two of the tabs are busted off!!!

:bang head: Gently! There is a tread somewhere on here or the Venturers about how to repair those tabs but I don't know where. If I find it I'll post it. Ok if you took the chrome piece off then you took the top two screws out (the top two on the inside of the fairing). You have to put the chrome piece back on before you put those two screws back in. If you have done that then just rock the chrome piece back and forth and gently slide it into place. I usually put the center in first then one side then the other. :confused24:

Freebird beat me to it.

Clearly some good deals out there. No matter, mine is in the garage and so far I like it big time. I worked on it all day adding my "stuff". My biggest problem is I can not get that #$%&* chrome piece back on the fairing AND now two of the tabs are busted off!!!

Congrats!!! and, until you screw something up (ie busting the tabs), you can't say it's YOUR's !

:thumbsup2:

Wait a minute.... does that mean my scoot isn't mine?? :think:

anyone can talk the talk but ifn you ain't got that scoot yet, you can't walk the walk!

:rasberry: :rasberry: :rasberry: :rasberry:

btw, how did you make out?? did you do the deal?

Well, as far as I know it is a done deal. As of closing time today it hadn't sold; and since I will be there bright and early monday morning, I will be riding it home. Subject of course to a test ride! Wow, I am amazed i got that out of them. Will post some pics monday evening.....maybe.