Okay guys I've followed the directions in the manuel and I can't get my intercom to work. I am getting the music thru the phones but when I click talk nothing happens. I did check the IC volume and left it at 10 but I still don't get anything. Should I start to look for a local teenager to help me out? I can't seem to get the CB working either and I followed those directions to a T also. Any ideas????

Thanks

Josh

Josh,

What year is your bike? If it's a second gen ('99-present), you don't click anything to use the intercom. The push to talk button is only for the CB. Intercom is always hot. Make sure the volume is turned up on the rear and make sure the IC volume is turned up in the controller. I run mine on about 15.

Don

Is there nothing on either headset? If the volume on the rear is down then you wouldn't be able to hear in that headset but you would still be able to hear in the front headset. Like Don said, they're always hot so you should be able to hear something. There's also no VOX on the 2nd Gen so the music doesn't change at all when you talk.

When you say you have the volume up are you referring to the main volume or the IC volume? To adjust the IC volume you have to press the center button 4 times until you see 'IC' and then use the up/down arrow button to adjust the volume. Is that the one you have at 15? It's independant from the main volume.

I'm having the same problem (Posted in another section of the board). To be perfectly clear, I turned the "IC" volume up to 20, I turned the rear volume up to "Max", plug in both headsets and talk and I get nothing from either headset. It's getting frustrating. I emailed Randy (Crash), who I bought the bike from, to see if he has any ideas.

hmmmm...I wonder if Crash had installed the Mic-Mute on it. I can't remember. The Mic-Mute is a device that deactivates the microphones to decrease the wind noise when you aren't using them. If it is installed, you toggle the mics on and off by briefly pushing the CB push to talk switch. Just depress the push to talk switch quickly...less that 3 seconds I think it is to toggle them on and then you do the same thing to toggle them back off.

It's a long shot...I don't know if he had installed one or not.

Are you talking inot the back side of the microphone instead of the front of it?

I talked to the front, then talked to the back, then screamed at both sides. Nuttin:thumbdown:

Randy wrote me back and told me to be sure that the plug is fully seated. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

I use the chatterbox headsets and occassionally when I put my helmet on I have to reseat the plug on the mid wire. Once I reseat that wire it works fine. When this happens, the radio works but the intercom doesn't. check that connection.

Please explain "Mid Wire". I have the short wire that comes from the headset in my helmet that connects to the coiled wire from the bike.

Your first test is the easiest, and only requires one headset. If the intercom is working you will have audio feedback in your own speakers (you will hear yourself talk). The easiest thing to do is simply blow on the mic or just tap it with your finger; if you don't hear the noise in your ears, then either the mic is dead or the IC is not working.

If that test works with the headset plugged into both the front and rear jacks, you can be certain the IC is working fine, as there is no other way for the audio to get from your mic back into your headset.

If you get no sound from either jack, then the next test is to simply find someone with a CB and test transmit to prove that you mic is good or not. You can always just scan channels until you hear someone and then ask for a radio check, but there is no guarantee they will answer you. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

Please explain "Mid Wire". I have the short wire that comes from the headset in my helmet that connects to the coiled wire from the bike.

By mid wire I'm talking about the wire that plugs into the jack on your tank. It then runs up to the wire coming from your helmet. The small end of that wire on my set has to be reseated occasionally. If I don't, I can hear the radio but the IC doesn't come through. Hope this helps.

I have a problem with feed back (a high pitch squeal) if I have the passenger hooked up to the system. if I adjust the volume then I can't hear the passenger. Any Ideas?
I get a high pitch feedback too. It's really annoying and seems to come on when I get up around 80mph. The worst part is that it's always accompanied by a punch to the ribs.:bang head: