IGNORED

Don't Stop at the Grocery Store....

SilvrT

...when your wife is riding with you.

After an awesome day of riding yesterday, we stopped at the supermarket to pick up a "few things" for dinner. Not really realizing the implications of my words "get whatever we need honey", I waited at the scoot while Nina went to get "what we needed" for dinner...or so I thought.

After what seemed like an hour (well, maybe it was 1/2 hour) I hear "Rick! ... come help me!" .... OH NO I think... sure enuf, she's got a buggy full of bags... 8 bags of groceries ... $90 dollars worth!

HOW AM I GONNA FIT ALL THIS INTO THE SCOOT???

Well, after some juggling and re-juggling of things that are already in the saddle bags and trunk and trying this and trying that... I couldn't believe it... I got it all in!

At first I was a bit annoyed but after realizing the humour in it, neither of us could stop laffing!

I think that is great testimony to the volume of the saddlebags!

heh ... there's less capacity in the 2nd gen than there was in my 1st gen...that was ONE TIME I was thinkin "now if only I was still ridin the 87"

But, maybe take the four wheels next time.
Had I realized she was going to do a weeks worth of grocery shopping, we would have... it was only supposed to be a "few things" for supper. ... TODAY's supper... not supper all next week! :sign20:

(actually, that's a bit of an eggzagerashun)

But it all served to get familiar with packing the bags of this scoot, not to mention provide some good laffs.

If that was me, I probably would have gone home and picked up the truck. :smile5:

yeah.. and leave the wife waiting until I return... or, I coulda sent her home in a taxi with all the goodies and I could have gone off riding on my own for a while while she got home and made dinner! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The same thing happens to us all the time. Actually, we have had people stand and watch how we pack our groceries in the saddlebags.

There have been a few times that we over did it, even for the RSV, so I usually wind up carrying the items in a bag.

Usually, the lurking stop their chuckling when they see us pull away.

Yama Mama:big-grin-emoticon:

Friends of ours took the scoot, an 84, to Canadian Tire one day. While inside he decides it's a good time to stock up on oil, seeing as it was on sale. They come out with 8 'gallons' plus whatever else they had gone in for. As they came out to the parking lot looking for their Suburban, they all of a sudden realized that it only had 2 wheels today. Took them a while, but it all went home in one trip, although I think she carried something.